ToA Forums

Trying a new game

« Older   Newer »
JSong
view post Posted on 22/2/2011, 19:33

So I downloaded a new game and I'll tell you guys how it is (unless you've already played it and moved on). It's called "Shin Megumi Tensei: Imagine" or "Megaten" for short. It's based off of the game "Persona" so if you've played the series, you'll know some of the demons in the game.

It's pretty interesting in that you can persuade demons to join your team, so that you can use them like Pokemon while you hack/slash and magicfy enemies, so it's kinda like whatever skill path you choose, you're still on the side a summoner.

There's tons of skills for both you and your demon pets, so you got a lot of customizable stuff, but it's a tad confusing when you first start. I've only played for maybe an hour or two so I finished the main tutorials and haven't gotten a full grasp of the game yet, but I'll tell you what I think when I have the time to do it.

They say the battling takes some skill instead of just button mashing, and I guess it can with counters and knowing monster weaknesses, but the charging is a bit on the annoying side (gotta charge a skill before using it, then press it again to use it...and monsters can cancel the charge). We'll have to see if the gameplay gets better later on with different skills and such.

Anyways, if you wanna see a clip of what the game looks like, click here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcLtdsiMpYY

Enjoy ^^

0 replies since 22/2/2011, 19:33   35 views