ToA Forums

Expand our guild to Legend of Edda?

« Older   Newer »
Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 21/2/2011, 19:45

That's pretty much it..
Should I?
If so, should we give it like a cool acronym? Everyone time some one asks me about the guild i say i'm the leader of "the [Insert game name here, for example:] Pandora saga T.o.a branch" 'cause it sounds cool... If i could count on more people i kinda had a cool move... but i guess everyone is too busy...

JSong
view post Posted on 22/2/2011, 00:53

Explain your cool move and maybe I'll consider it

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 22/2/2011, 23:30

What i had in mind was, having each one of us controling a different guild, serving as diferent factions to T.O.A. it'd be helpful pvp, fame, members, etc...

JSong
view post Posted on 23/2/2011, 00:44

In the same game or in different ones like we did before?

And how is Legend of Edda so far? I looked at a vid and it kind of looks like an upgraded Trickster but without drilling or lil houses to decorate.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 23/2/2011, 15:16

It's alot like trickster, yes, very nostalgic...
and whatever game would work, unless it'd be like Pandora saga, where making a guild takes way too much work, 2 or 3 times that work would take too long...

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 23/2/2011, 15:29

I played a bit of LoE and I liked the cuteness of it... haven't gotten too far, I'm quite lost actually. But Fade's right, it's way too quiet... I haven't figured out how to switch channels, I think once one gets busy, they start loading people into other ones...

So are you saying to make guilds in any game and see which ones lasts the longest?

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 23/2/2011, 16:16

No no no, my idea was, let's say, you and me play the same game.
I fund a guild (with your help) and you fund another (with my help) like this we'd grow while helping each others out, you see?

JSong
view post Posted on 23/2/2011, 20:06

I'll try downloading it. What server are you guys on? the angel or demon looking side?

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 23/2/2011, 20:19

Angel side. there's only one server.

JSong
view post Posted on 24/2/2011, 07:57

So I've tried out the game for a few hours today and got to level 10 so far, class: Cleric.

It's actually a pretty fun game, but you guys were right, the people are pretty quiet and there actually aren't that many people. I did however play on the 2nd channel so that might add to it.

The channel did say that it was busy, so either the server can't support much or else everyone else is done the beginner levels and are mostly in the later areas, so I'll play a bit more and see.

Making a guild actually isn't so expensive in this game either, so we could easily make one if it's worth it.

Man this game is total nostalgia of Trickster to me. Loving the graphics on this game even though I slightly lag.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 24/2/2011, 17:40

I could make 21 guilds if i wish too..making a guild is not a problem, what i want to know is : Are we , or are we not making more than one guild?

JSong
view post Posted on 24/2/2011, 20:00

In my opinion, everyone joining one guild first is better, so when people check the guild list, they see that it has at least 3 people. Then when the guild gets to about 10-15 people, we could split out of it and make our own guild (this is if we're having multiple guilds in one game of course).

Though we'd have to come up with 3 names after ToA. Like...
1) ToA: Liberty
2) ToA: Justice
3) ToA: Grace

Yes, I know those are horrible examples, but its just a visual example anywho. I think the max letters is 16, so writing "branch" within the guild name just takes up space, so lets try to make it look simple.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 24/2/2011, 20:55

Erm..That doesnt make much sense, and the names should be Pick by whoever creates the guild.
Let's say we indeed make one guild and everyone joins it. Good we have three people, start recruiting , we have a full active guild , then what? we split? who will help the other two? I don't agree with your plan at all.

JSong
view post Posted on 24/2/2011, 22:14

So what? You want to have 3 inactive guilds then? You gotta start small and cultivate a guild and then branch out. If you try to do it all at once, it might work for one guild, but the others will die off fast.

Once the original guild gets big, then 1 leader and 1 subleader can try to make another and if needed, get help from the original guild. Then once they both start growing and get bigger, then another leader and a sub leader can split off and make another guild with all 3 guilds helping each other. And continue on for however many people we can get.

If you still disagree with this idea, then whatever, I'll just make my own branch then, but we'll for sure end upcompletely different guilds with everyone not knowing anyone else in the other ToA guilds. But if that's fine with you, then just design the ToA tag so that we can all have matching/similar ones to represent ToA (I mean how the guild name should look in game).

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 24/2/2011, 23:03

What? you wanted 3 diferent guilds to chat in the same chatroom? It won't happen. It'll be like having diferent guilds from diferent games, like it was with PW and S4 .
Your idea is flawful, really, only the first guild actually gets help, the others with only two people (or one person) don't call any action, So yeah, doesn't make much sense to me, besides people get used to their submaster, some stability is needed.
And yes, it could happen , all of our guilds could fail and we'd be redcued to 3 inactive guilds, in that case we join one guild, simple as that.

18 replies since 21/2/2011, 19:45   133 views