ToA Forums

The New PSP2 or NGP

« Older   Newer »
JSong
view post Posted on 12/2/2011, 03:30

So I was browsing the internet, and somehow stumbled upon the news that the new PSP2 or NGP, as it's now called, is coming out "in time for the holidays."

This thing is heavy duty with sooo many things jammed into it, you know it's gotta be good.

Here's a few things it has:
-Quad processor :O!!!
-2 analog joysticks (not those flimsy annoying PSP ones anymore)
-2 touch screen pads (the screen on the front and one on the back)
-3G and Wifi internet
-GPS
-Being able to switch from gaming to messaging friends and back without losing any progress
-2 cameras (maybe so you can face-talk ex. skype)
-Cartridge based games instead of CD
-Enhanced graphics (people say it's close to PS3 graphics)
-Has Iphone/ipod technology, so you can tilt your screen and things will happen in game (good for racing games and maybe used in shooting games which would be amazing for aiming)
-etc.

Here's a link to a vid talking about it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXR1MbAOGLM&feature=related

The estimated price is around $300-500 US dollars as people on the internet are discussing, but no one really knows.

What are your guys' thoughts on it?

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 13/2/2011, 11:58

I didn't even read the post... But I'm saying to go for the newer new new one. (Cause I'ma get that one as well~ If I has munnies)

But, I suggest you wait for reviews about it... cause I'm sure there'll be a few glitches that will come out and will need to be fixed... so don't rush. (Now I'm thinking to read the post... nah I'll read it after I post~ Yay for randomness)

=D

OK I should have read it XD But I'ma not comment cause I'm waiting for the reviews/test drive on it to say anything~~~

woot woot

JSong
view post Posted on 15/2/2011, 19:38

Ya, I'll probably wait till the ver.2 comes out cuz there's ALWAYS glitch bugs with the first edition. But we'll see...

By the way, did you guys both hack your PSPs? I just hacked mine on Saturday and downloaded a ton of games to play xD. Love how you can still use the internet access with the games unlike ripping computer games ^^.

I'm officially addicted to the Kingdom Hearts PSP game x.x;

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 16/2/2011, 06:04

Mm mm. My brother wants to get the 3DS... it looks pretty neat but who cares about 3D effects xD

I haven't tried internet access with ripped games... I don't think I have any to begin with -3- (Only cause I haven't tried them).

Wow... you like KH? I thought you'd be a bit mature for that?

JSong
view post Posted on 16/2/2011, 23:37

Yeah, who cares about 3D effects on such a small screen haha

I steal my neighbor's wireless and just use that to download new content xD

I play whatever I think is designed well. If you see the different systems in the game (skill/minigame/etc) it's actually designed very impressively which makes me wanna play it even more xD Also the storyline's nastalgic cuz I played the 1st one when it first came out.

I'm also playing Persona 3 which isn't that bad right now. What kind of games do you play? Are you all into Monster Hunter like most PSP players?

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 18/2/2011, 02:36

-3- You're such a thief~ Are you at least on good terms with your neighbours?

Yeah, I do that too, cause the more effort there is in production of a game, usually the better it is. But sometimes I don't really care, as long as it keeps me smiling I'll play it =P (I'm referring to the minigames from the PSstore)

Ah Okay... cause one of my friends was into games but she didn't like KH because she thought it was too "soft and childish". Thought you'd be the same... since you only just recently got used to children.

I was gonna get Monster Hunter when Fully suggested it, but I never heard from her again so I decided not to buy it unless I know I can play with others *points at others*

JSong
view post Posted on 18/2/2011, 06:54

I dunno how the online stuff works, but if you get or have a game with online capabilities, tell me xD. I'll play with ya hehe.

And nah, I played trickster which is VERY childish looking right? So I can be interested in anything. I do like really mature themed games that have those psychopath characters in them hehe.

Oh, and I don't even talk with my neighbours hehe. It's how we roll in Canada haha

Why I replied to your message backwards...who knows o.o

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 19/2/2011, 06:49

It's cause you're CANADIAN. xD Jokes. I like Canada, it's cause you're JAY. XD Jokes.

Naw OK. But how do I know if there is online capabilities? =/ I usually just play the 'story' modes and bonus menus... I thought DJMAX was, but later found out that was only wireless play. u_u'

Mm... I guess so, but I meant like... She didn't like KH because it had disney themes/morals in it, like "Friends til the end". I guess there is a child version of J in that mind of yours.

Ah OK~ I do talk to my neighbours, cept the scary looking ones >_<'

JSong
view post Posted on 22/2/2011, 00:56

There are some games that are playable online I think, but so far the only ones I know are shooting games, and shooting games on a handheld doesn't seem so great to me. I'll take a look when I get home maybe xD. Would be awesome to be able to all play together on a new platform hehe

8 replies since 12/2/2011, 03:30   70 views