ToA Forums

Halloween - Scared your ToA mates!

« Older   Newer »
Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 23/10/2010, 18:34

So as many of you know, I LOVE halloween! And you know what's one of my favourite traits of halloween? It's fear levels can range from eerie to absolutly terrifying!
And that's what this thread will be about! Here you'll post freaky things, pictures, drawing, manga, videos, music, stories (real or invented) anything that you'll think its scary enough to scare ToA! (Remenber we have lots of scaredy cats (like me and mimi) in here, so be sure to not post something overly scary).

I'll start by posting a few things too~so take notes!

Manga: Uzumaki

This manga is about a town that seems to be cursed, by the "Curse of the spiral", the story follows a young resident of kurôzucho as she gets deeper and deeper into this curse, expect lots of Body, surreal, cosmic and psychological horror. It can also cause some paranoia on the reader, so be careful those who are faint hearted~ (I for one couldn't read it in a single day, yes i was a bit paranoic, and i swear that when i finished it i was seeing spirals!)

Can be read here: http://manga.animea.net/uzumaki.html
Fear level: Eerie/Paranoia/Can be very sad too..depends on how you intrepet the ending

Manga: The Enigma Of Amigara Fault

By the same author of Uzumaki (Junti Ito) we get ~ The enigma of Amigara Fault, a short oneshot manga about these mysterious human-shaped cracks that appear in a fault after an earthquake...What kind of secret do they hold?
Be ready for some claustrophobia.

Can be read here: http://brasscockroach.com/h4ll0w33n2007/ma...ll/Amigara.html
Fear level: Medium (depends on whether or not you get too much into it/are claustrophobic)

Video Game: Silent hill 2

So far this is definetly the scariest game I ever tried! While most of you probably know this series, it'd be wrong to make a thread about scary stuff and not even mentioning Silent hill right? Anywho I love this game 'cause, after getting scared by some sort of cthulthu offspring I start laughing, but that's me~
Fear level: Damn right terrifying!!!

Tv Series/Book: Goosebumps

Feeling nostalgic, are we?
Say whatever you want to say about the Tv series (i never read the books, was too scared and lazy) I still find them ideal for a halloween night marathon.
Fear level : Eerie/Weak

Anime/Manga/Visual Novel: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

Haven't watch this in awhile =3= there are so many seasons now that i decided to leave it in the 3rd or was it the 2nd? Was tired of seeing the characters suffering soo much.
Fear level : Eerie/Depends on how scared you are of brain bugs/psycho killers.

Game: Mirai Nikki

Think you know your dreams ? Well think again, Mirai nikki is about this shut-in japanese girl who travels inside her dreams, what you see there is as incomprehensible as it gets. You'll find yourself asking if there's a meaning behind those weird scenarios/characters or if they're just down right created to spook you.
Fear level : Uncomfortably Eerie/It gets scarier if you're the type of person who's afraid of stuff like subconscious and stuff~

Manga : Mimi no kaidan

Oh! These kind of things are the best for halloween a compilation of small scary stories! Done by Junti Ito,yes him again! the story follows a girl called mimi as she experience some supernatural (while others are just damn right freaky) events, It works sorta like Goosebumps , a story per chapter, however this time the main character is the same.
Fear Level: Scary (Some of the stories are pretty scary , like the last one (main cause i can't shake the feeling that there is a much bigger and darker meaning to it) while others aren't as scary (I found the 5th chapter to be much more sadning than scary)

Can't remenber of anything else, will post more later if i remenber~

Edited by Flans are delicious - 23/10/2010, 22:55

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 24/10/2010, 13:07

I've watched some of the Higurashi thingos... They are somewhat pointless.

My dog recently freaked me out the other day... One night, she kept barking outside, so I went out with a torch to go get her. And my backyard is shaped like a C (6 outer corners) so I went to the corner she was at and she kept barking at that particular corner. I shone my torch towards where she was barking but there was nothing there. She stopped barking and started sniffing something and would sometimes like... jump back as if something was touching her nose. So I thought, oh, she might be barking at an injured bird or something (Cause lately an owl has been visiting our house). So I ran up to the corner and tried to see what it was. Now, in the corner she was barking at, there's this hole that leads to the underneath of the house, so it's all dark and freaky there. I wanted to look for what she was barking at, but as I leaned forward, I felt myself getting scared, that's when I stopped and picked up my dog and ran into the house. >_<' I'm usually not scared, but I think I felt so much suspense and disappointment to see something natural at the same time that I began to feel scared... I hope there's not a goblin or the grudge living under my house or something...

I liked the movie one missed call, only cause the majority of the people could not escape their deaths. I wonder what that would be like... >_< I shouldn't be talking like that.

Oh, and I like Supernatural, although that's not scary at all...

Nya~

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 24/10/2010, 13:31

Mimiiii~ but Higurashi isn't pointless~i mean depends, I liked the ending very much cause it explained everything, or did it..?

MIMI! That's freaky! And crap i understand how that feels!! Whenver i'm alone at night i feel creeped out too~ it's even worse when my dog's bark at the middle of the night, or worse Howl! That's so terribleeeee~

Oh supernatural is so niiiiice~ Well anything with Jensen Ackles is nice~

JSong
view post Posted on 26/10/2010, 01:15

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj3fQJkC1Z0

I used to love scary movies and games, but not really a fan these days. Silent Hill 3 was always my favorite horror game though.

Don't think anything scary has happened to me recently though beside the fact that I've actually been writing these days which is very different.

[Defa]
view post Posted on 28/10/2010, 16:33

Whoa...I still remenber the Tv version of Goosebumps, it was very nice, i'd always freak out to see that dog with green eyes in the opening.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 28/10/2010, 17:31

Freaky right? THe theme song was very catchy too, i like how it goes "au au au au au au" when the dog scene starts~

JSong
view post Posted on 28/10/2010, 18:51

AH, I used to love Goosebumps! I loved the books where you could pick your own adventure. Did any of you ever read those? or was that past your time?

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 28/10/2010, 21:57

No, I didn't.

I bet mimi is all over Jensen Ackles~~
Mimiiiii~I wanna show you my halloween costume, it's so kingdom heartsy~

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 29/10/2010, 13:42

Sorry to disappoint but I wasn't over anyone back then. =P

Yeah, I had my own Goosebumps book collection. I feel bad for my booking-loving self that died sometime ago... Anyway. Yeah, the book I most remember was the one where a librarian was some bug-eating monster or something...

As for the T.V series, yeah I remember those too. My fav one was the mask one, that's why I'm not too fond of masks that covers your whole head. Oh and I remembered the vampire episode, I watched that alone thinking I was a big kid but then got scared and had to cry to get my parents to tuck me in and made sure there weren't any vampires on the roof etc... xD Ah good times. When vampires were actually scary, not like today where they're glittery and stupid...

I wanna see you in your costume, I'll wait for halloween though, don't wanna rush ya =P I'm sure it looks great =P

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 29/10/2010, 14:32

How come you're not all over thaat~I'm all over that! Look at dat ass~

Ooooh the mask one was scary~tho i never really got scared with it (either i was too stupid or filled with courage) probably cause i only watched it during morning~in between other kiddie shows~

I actually wonder if i'd be more scared to have a vampire sparklingly at me or trying to kill me...Either ways i'd bring a winchester or something >3>

Hmm i dunno if it looks that great...

JSong
view post Posted on 29/10/2010, 22:25

Oh man...how did your parents look at the roof for vampires

LilMisty: "You gotta go ON the roof to make sure there's no vampires >=O!!!"

The one I remember the most was the ventriloquist doll that was actually alive. That one freaked me out and I still hate looking at those doll/puppets @.@;; So creepy... And I vaguely remember that mask one. Is that the one where they wear the mask, but then it becomes permanently stuck on their faces?

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 30/10/2010, 10:33

(To be honest Fade, I have no idea who you're talking about XD that's why I wasn't over anyone...)

You watched it in the mornings? Ha, that's weak. You have to watch it alone, at night, with the lights turned off! And surround sound would be bonus points! If a vampire was sparkling at me... I'd walk away. If it was trying to kill me however, I'd cry XD D~ Save me~ Lol. Nah~

My parents got torches and like, looked out the window. I dunno why, but I guess that did the job =P <3 Parents. Oh I remember that one, kinda reminds me of the Saw movies now... And yeah, that's the mask one. >_<' Imagine having this piece of plastic living off your face... Gross.

Oh, tomorrow at work, we're allowed to dress up a little bit during our shift. And I might be handing out candies! =D I hope I am, cause I want one myself =P Nya~ Kappa Kappa~

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 30/10/2010, 10:57

Mimi!! I'm talking about him!!
damn he's fine!

But i could only watch it during the morning =3= they wouldn't air it at night~
But if the vampires shines too much..it can blind you! While the other can merely give you eternal life , for a price of course, your image, in a mirror, yup, that's all you lose, your mirror~so you'd never know if your hair was all messy and stuff, but at least you wouldn't be blind =3=

And that is awesomeee~I hope you get a cool last minute outfit or something! and give out lots of candies to kids~i wish i could go get some~!

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 30/10/2010, 23:06

Here it is~Here it is~ Just finished it after finishing my costume ~I hope i get lots of pictures to show it to you guys~
Anywho, Here it is! the newest ToA comic~
http://jump.fm/XEPYI
Also, be sure not to spoil the story!! There is a huge plot twist in it kekekeke....
So you can only tak about it after everyone is done with it~!

Also here's a bit of nostalgia to go along with the comic:

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 31/10/2010, 12:09

(I still don't know who that is...)

Mm... I wouldn't mind the hair thing, I like my bed hair... I wonder if Shin would be able to put up with not being about to see his own hair... hmm... quite a situation.

Oh I didn't get to be candy give away-er. My shift ended in the afternoon and there were no kids around so I didn't get anything. I did score a free ice tea though, for doing so much work. Refreshing.

Ne Fade-kun~ I can't seem to upload the kappa... I need to show you but I think it's already too late cause it had a message for before today. Oh, and hehe, nice work on the comic. I want to see more though XD

18 replies since 23/10/2010, 18:34   131 views