ToA Forums

My Aika online Review

« Older   Newer »
Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 17/10/2010, 01:51

So here we go~ =3= I've been playing Aika online these days, and today i tought "why not tell everyone in the guild about it" and... I guess that's what im doing...

I guess we shoulda start from the begging right?

- Character Creation
This may very well be one of the weakest points in the whole game...
There are 6 genderlocked classes ,  2 Melee (Warrior (male); Crusader (Female) 2 Rangers (Riffleman (M); Striper Dual gunner (F)) and 2 Magician (Warlock (M); Cleric (F)). However it seems that every class is very unique and there's always be someone looking for you in their party.
The character customization is nothing extraordinary... There's are a couple of faces and hair to match, that's about it.

Sexism! well...sort of really...

So we're going in the game , wich brings us to our next topic

- The setting, graphics and designs
Like so many others MMORPGs' settings it mixes Medieval with Magic ,
with some traces of steampunk here and there.
The game has very beautiful graphics, animations , and the best of it all it doesn't lag! I was afraid i wouldn't be able to run this on my computer, but when i went to check the system requirements, I was shocked to notice that my computer could actually handle them well.
Here they are in case you're curious:

Minimum
Requirements:

CPU: 1.5
GHz Pentium 4 or better.
RAM: 512 MB
HDD: 2 GB Free
Graphics
Card: Nvidia FX 5200 or better

Recommended Specifications:
Windows XP / Vista
CPU: 2 GHz Pentium 4
RAM: 1024 MB (1GB)

HDD: 2 GB Free
Graphics Card: Nvidia 6600

There's however this thing that may annoy you for awhile...For some reason it takes awhile to change the characters directions if you're using WASD , however if you use mouse to walk or mouse (move camera) + WS you won't have that problem.

Pantsu da ze!!! Or something like that...

The areas will are well designed, varying from fantastical places (in case you're wondering, the game is set in a flying island) from not-so-fantastical but still very well done places (like Pumpkin farms or Swamps).
The monsters, so far, are very well detailed (to the point of being gross...(I bet that's what they were going for though...)), sure you lose a good part of the first chapter fighting pigs, moles and goblins (all ugly), by the end of the first map you'll start fighting cooler stuff, like a monster that seems the offspring between Alien  and a salamander...

Don't stare too much...I'm still unsure wheter or not they can suck
your soul into the void.

What sort of eldritch abomination lies beyond the first map is still a mystery too me.
And since we're talking about monsters...

-Quests
Much to hater's hate this game is no grind fest. There are plenty of quests you're sure not to get lost , everytime you end one arc of quests all you have to do is check your minimap and look for more "!" npcs
Also, unlike other game this games' quests keep getting deeper and deeper as you complete them , there's no "bring 5 types of shampoo, cause i haven't bathed in 3 months" kind of quest. Of course, the first few quests will be "oh no these pigs are eating my pumpkin, dissimate them!" but as you proceed you start getting answers to why or why not the event of the past quest happened, and soon you'll come to understand that there's a war between goblins, moles, and humans, all 'cause of a potion, and ...oh i'm getting carried away..(i wonder why don't humans just smash the other species tho...Probably cause they respawn)

Your's the Heal that shall pierce the heavens!
-PVP/PVP/PVWhatever there is to versus the player with
One of the Games highlight is their "rewarding pvp" system.
There are plenty of PVP events.
The Battlegrounds consist in team vs team battle, the teams can range from 6 to 24 players, the whole match is decided by players, the time, the player limit (Much like it happens in S4)
There are Castle Sieges, in wich two guilds confront each other and fight to get the other's flag, the winner gets to own the other's nation (much like it happens in Perfect world), the player who contributed the most for the victory will become the Marshal of the said nation (wich, I belive, will work somewhat like the Archlord in...Archlord online)
And then there's the Nation wars! Wich are 5
--(forgive me for the typos, grammatical errors and whatever from here on, I got out and i'm drunk)--
so they, go like, fighting each other, i think its like 1000 vs 1000 players? I wonder if the server crashes or something...Anyway! Next topic!

-Community, Guilds, etc.

As said above, the game is separated in 5 nations, each nation has their own followers, of course, and they are supost to help each other out, so i guess that's what they do.
 In terms of simpathy people are nice! But they seem shy cause only a few actually thanked me for all the healing! There's a Shout channel, i haven't tried it yet, but i belive its pretty much free for everyone to use...I belive
There's also the easy grouping~Once you hit level 10, npcs will be all worried about how much they want you to go to temple ursula and kill this and that , Of course you can't go to a place that's named "Temple of Ursula" by yourself, i mean, you can barely talk to npcs in that place by yourself, let alone beat the monsters down~! So what you have to do is looking for a certain tool that will easily group you with other players looking to beat the same dugeon~Woohoo~ (I think we had something like this in trickster too? minus the chat~). There are two modes to beat ursula temple~ the normal mode (Level 10+) , and the hard  mode (level 16+), and that's kinda cool. I haven't tried this feature just yet tho...
A side note: You'll need 50,000 coins and be in a party of 6 to forge a guild~

-PRAN!!!
Everyone loves pets! I mean aren't they cool? They just stand there and act cute, and for some reason they give you strenght and magic and stuff, isn't that awesome ~? Well Aika grabs that and adds a new twist to it~
After you level up a bit you'll get to meet your loli fanservice assistant  Pran! What is a Pran you ask~ Simple! They work like a mix between Navi from zelda and a everyday mmorpg pet, there are three of them Fire(Offensive) Air(Evasion) and Water(Defence/revitalization) all of them are useful !! You can have 2 per account~  Why are they so diferent you ask? Don't rush me! They evolve! there are uh...8? personalities for Prans, i got a cute one~ how fitting of me! Their personality and the way you interact with her (You'll often get asked to chat with her, and she'll actively participate in the quest dialogs) will change the way they evolve. They start as a weird fly fairy, soon they evolve into a more humanoid children and later into a pre-pubescent "teenager". It's pretty cool and all but some dialogs with her still bother her, i feel like mine wants my attention all the time she even asked me "what kind of relationship" should we have, i said "Lovers deeper than love~" (Can you belive that you could actually say that to a children~oh you dirty you~) and she said "oh sundetly i'm exicted *blush*" , foh realz?

If you're not mine, you'll be no ones' master!!!!

I don't wanna write anymore!! Even cause i think i spoke of everything necessary? Good evening everyone!!

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 18/10/2010, 10:19

Reminds me of a bit of PW~ But I have to wait til I actually play it yes~

Lol at your fanservice pet thing. That photo is soooo awkward.

I still have to download this... >_<' That would probably take me a week or so... Soon Fade, soon~!

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 18/10/2010, 18:39

tell me about it =3= she's as psycho as it gets~

Anywho, don't worry mimi! As i told you before Uni comes first!! So behave and study lots and lots!

[Defa]
view post Posted on 18/10/2010, 22:27

I agree with your point of view on Aika...Do you get drunk often ?
I enjoyed the Striper..ahem..dual gunner moment.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 19/10/2010, 13:58

NO! i don't get drunk often..It was only once!

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 21/10/2010, 14:18

Peoples, what nation am I supposed to be clicking? Some of them are really familiar...

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 21/10/2010, 14:47

Gallia~! Gallia is what you must click on!! For Gallia~

JSong
view post Posted on 21/10/2010, 18:48

If I ever find time in my busy schedule, I might try this out. Looks pretty nice, but that's if I find time x.x; Us old people are so busy these days @.@; Still haven't played Valkyrie Online more than twice which is really sad cuz it was kinda fun.

Make an awesome ToA guild in Aika xD

7 replies since 17/10/2010, 01:51   366 views