Perfect World0 [0.00%]
Runes of Magic0 [0.00%]
Archlord0 [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote (Voters: 5)

[Poll] Game for 2010

« Older   Newer »
Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 21/7/2010, 17:07

Alright, I already wasted too much of my summer vacations time on this, i ain't gonna stress anymore over it. We already have a game, S4, however we figured we needed yet another game, since not everyone is fond of/ good at S4, so we decided to pick a game that would be a bit more Calm, smooth, a MMORPG. Picking one is too much of a hard task, no matter how many schemes i come up with, so i've decided to throw it on to you guys~ so i won't have to feel guilty in case the game sucks. i still made a list of possible games to play, together with misty's and jay's help .
So here is how list with the Pros and Cons of the respective games:

Rising Force Online

Pros:
-Awesome Sci-fi everionment/monsters and nice-looking Graphics
-Chip wars (in wich thousands of players engage in massive PVP wars)
-Raids (You can participate in raids, but it might as well be a trouble when you're still new)
-Guild activities (There are many possible guild activities in this game)
- 3 possible Races to chose from (However we'll have to stick to one of the races if we want to play together , Bellato, Accrecita or Cora)
-Fun dugeon system
-After level 30 teamplay is required.
-

Cons:
- Raids (when you're the one being hunted, you may want to call for help...)
-No comunication with other races (unless a certain tool is acquired)
-Level cap is quite low (I can't remenber how much, but im pretty sure it was between 60-70 , even tho there's alot to do even after you reach max level)
- Jay complained on the community (i can't be sure about this, since i'm usually quiet when i play by myself)
- Alot of Guild competitiveness (The more activities/ Previleges we have to offer the best our outcome will be, in other words, we're gonna have to fight hard if we want ToA to suceed in this game.)
-Weak character customization

Grand Fantasia

Pros:
-Unique pet system, the sprites will craft and do stuff for you! far more useful than most game's pet system.
-Many mounts
-Teamplay is required
-The character customization is solid
-According to jay and misty, It's a very interesting game.
(I'm sorry i don't know much more about it)

Cons:
-After level 40 the game goes very slow
-May look and feel like many other Fantasy themed mmorpg
-Some balance issues between classes
(Again i say, i don't know much about this game , Feel free to add pros and cons)

Perfect World

Pros:
-Soooo much character customization, you might waste hours just to create your character.
-Beautiful scenarios/graphics
-Flying (For elves you can fly from the very start, while you need level 20(?) to get your first flying mounts on other races)
-Many classes to pick from (Venomancer, white mage, warriors, assasin, everything~)
-4 playable races
-Daily quests
-Game gets better as you level (unlike most games ,the more you level, the more options of gameplay you get)
-Auto-run

Cons:
-The combat feels a bit dull.
-Get ready to do the same dugeons many times
-(for mimi ) too much skin~ (i still like my characters with big boobs tho~)
-Many tryed this game before but quited...
-Jay complained on how much you have to walk. (even tho the Auto-run feature and the fly option prevent this.)

Runes of Magic

Prons:
-It's considered by some one of the best MMORPGs in the free to play market (albeit we could consider these mere opinion)
-Very interesting Dual class system (You're character can have two classes, it's really fun to mix them.)
-Nice character customization (It could rival a bit with Pws)
-Teamplay is required ever since the beggining of the game.
-Many well designed bosses and monsters.
-The game as a diferent feel to many fantasy games.
-Many pvp options
-In-game housing (+ a maid)

Cons:
-There are many similarities to Wow (this could be a turn-off to Wow gamers)
- The system requirements may be a bit too much for average computers
SPOILER (click to view)
Minimum Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 512MB or more
HDD: 3.62GB
DirectX 9.0c compatible with 128MB RAM Video Card

Minimum Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 Core Duo 2.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 1GB or more
HDD: 6GB or more
DirectX 9.0c compatible with 256MB RAM Video Card

-The cash shop may inbalance the game a bit (I'm not sure on how much tho
-Kitte-nii doesn't seem to be appealed to the graphics of the game.

Archlord

Pros:
-Innovative player rules server system. (If you fight hard enough, you may turn into the Archlord!)
-Mounts.
-Varied PvP options.
-Nicely animated character models.
-Good crafting system.
-Teamplay is valuable here

Cons:
-Minimal character customization.
-Poor interface.
-Limited control over graphic options
-You may have to grind a bit (I can't be sure about this tho)
-Some Classes are gender locked.

That's all folks, i can't remenber of any other game that could be added to the poll, you can you have one, then please suggest it soon, Because i'm thinking of closing the poll really soon.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 21/7/2010, 22:06

I was also thinking of adding RO, but i'll only add it if you guys think i should.

boomsticky
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 04:40

Based on my experience I would go for Grand Fantasia since I have played it before. I quit mostly because it was hard for me to pick up players for dungeon runs...gotta get my quests done! :<

RoM. Way too similar to WoW. It may not bother for some if they never played WoW, but I have and I found playing it a bit boring. Granted, I only played a few hours of it, but I started to fall asleep before I could make to the 1st major city.

RFO. All I've heard about it is the ridiculous amount of grinding. I don't really have the time or patience for mass grinding anymore.

I got no opinion on either PW or Archlord, as I haven't played them or read enough about them.

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 06:14

Nyoron~ I wanna vote for two... *sniffles*

Hey Boom! =D (welcome back?)

The advice boomy gave is very useful... Didn't know that RF would have so much grind to it? (I just heard it was very popular). And I don't think we should add RO to the list... only because if we were to go back to a really really simple game, we should just go for either Flyff or Trickster (So we can be meanies to noobs~ Bwahahaha).

That poster for PW is really pretty, but too bad I'm not picking that, unless they change the girl outfits! Bwahaha. I like the piccy for archlord, makes me wanna watch pirate-themed movies... but dude... who would wear that outfit alive? Still... *bangs head on desk* Why can't there just be an awesome and accessible game out there???

*sigh* OK, I'ma vote... I hope it won't get wasted. Fade! Esperemos que temos um jogo para jogar depois dessa! <3 Did I write that correctly, don't even try to get me to say that... Hehe.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 11:03

haha yah mimi it's correct ! <3!
Thank you all for your work! Let's I was thinking bout closing the poll next monday. Is that ok?

Shin.de
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 11:12

I guess I would go with grand fantasia since J seems to like it. Of course my loyalty is to PW but it's pointless to try again if mostly everyone quit it at least once.

I'll just keep playing that by myself.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 11:57

Hmm maybe it's pointless to delay this~ Right? I mean pretty much everyone voted for GRand fantasia, we should play it right away right?

Shin.de
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 18:19

Starting already? Do enjoy yourselves then. And have fun for me too w

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 20:12

Yeah i think we should...we've already wasted lots of time..i mean, mimi is alreday going to uni anytime soon...My vacations won't last forever either.. and before jay gets ultra busy with something , i really think we should start.. And you better hurry up to !! Haven't you had enough work already?
I think imma be a necromancer!!

boomsticky
view post Posted on 25/7/2010, 13:02

I redownloaded the game and my characters are intact :D. If you want, I can create the guild while you guys catch up leveling lol.

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 25/7/2010, 13:12

Yay~ We're making progress~

Booms, what server you playing on? And what's your class/lvl?

boomsticky
view post Posted on 25/7/2010, 16:08

Let's see...

*loads game*

I'm on the Alice Server.

I got a 34 Ranger (IGN: Boomsticky) and a 16 Warrior (IGN: Alucious).

JSong
view post Posted on 26/7/2010, 15:39

Ok, you guys start the game without me cuz I'll be gone for 2 weeks *check other post I'll be posting for details* but which server is the Alice server? Is that the first one? I think I'm on the 2nd, but I'm only lvl22 or so, so I don't mind switching. I think it only costs like 3 Gold to make a guild, so it's not too pricey, especially if you're up at lvl34.

Tell me how it goes ^^ I wont have internet access for 2 weeks, so I'll check the forums when I get back xD. I love how Fade said "and before Jay gets ultra busy with something" haha...telling the future :O but sorries, too late haha.

Just a tip, remember to check the sprite shrines because you can buy really good pets there. Remember to check the pets before you use them because you want to have one for your weapons, one for clothes, and the last for a second weapon if you need it. Also remember to keep training your salvage on your main character, it'll help you out TONS and you can sell items from salvaging for a LOT of money. You can only salvage stuff the same lvl as your salvage lvl, so just every now and then, just train it in salvaging by using ores or branches and it should be all good.

12 replies since 21/7/2010, 17:07   99 views