ToA Forums

Got Steam?, psssss

« Older   Newer »
boomsticky
view post Posted on 21/7/2010, 06:30

If you haven't noticed, Steam/Valve just released a Source-based game for free called Alien Swarm. It's basically a top-down 4-player co-op shooter where you fight...aliens. Now, I don't know how long it'll stay free, but if you're interested feel free to download a copy.

If you're not registered to Steam, then do so cause you won't be able to install the game without having their Steam application.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=603izhzohos

*btw...what's the tag for posting youtube videos :V*

My Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/boomsticky/

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 21/7/2010, 11:25

I would love to play it..but i'm afraid i'll only be able to next month...

JSong
view post Posted on 21/7/2010, 22:03

Ya, Val and Fully already play this game, so Val told me to get it.

Apparently I can't play the offline mode for some lame reason, but online mode is pretty fun.

Fully said you need a mic for the game, but I seemed to do fine without one, so I think it's just for preference or if you try the higher difficulties and need to work as a team...or just want to yell at your Tech. to hurry up and unwield or unlock certain things and to stop dying.

I ended up friendly firing all my teammates when I first played (*.*), but after taking the lead with a trusty shotgun, I started doing pretty well and having a blast xD. So I'd say the weapons and classes really depend on what kind of player you are (was always a tank in games) so try them all out and make sure to check the character bonus stat things for choosing them.

Yay, I actually posted something worthwhile for a change

Shin.de
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 06:53

Ah steam?: I think my twin uses that at work ( he got hired as a game tester actually w). It's some kind of game library or something similar?

I could ask him for his account and give it a try? Or maybe he'd like to give it a try during his break from work.

Either way nice to see you Boom how have you been? Still playing ( I forgot the name of the game you were playing actually w) I will probably remember it after I've posted this

boomsticky
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 23:44

Atlantica Online? No, not really. Once in a while I'll log in and afk for either crafting or event reasons. Right now, I'm playing Dungeon Fighter Online, but I can't really see it as a long term game.

Other than that, working, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, eat, sleep, and checking out new games. Pretty soon, I'll be CBTing a MMO called Soul Master. It's a F2P MMORTS. If you guys are curious, I'll make a new thread lol.

Flans are delicious
view post Posted on 23/7/2010, 01:01

oh soul master! it does seem interesting! I hope the gameplay won't get boring tho...I think I'll wait for the open beta tho~

5 replies since 21/7/2010, 06:30   56 views