ToA Forums

Games for summer 2010!, What will we play this summer?

« Older   Newer »
EvilFlan
view post Posted on 24/6/2010, 12:56

-If you want to add any game to list, just tell me and I'll add it to the poll-

Anyway, summer has already started! You can already feel the heat! see clear blue sky! go to the beach or to the pool~ (Except for you misty, you're stuck in winter...see the bright side, at least the snakes are sleeping)...
Anyway , most of you guys are pretty busy i bet, school, work, whatever it is that is keeping you away from good ol' ToA, it's understandable , but still i tought we should start the List even before everyone was back , so when everyone comes back you can all sugest a game or pick one that is already on the list and start playing.
Anyway let's cut it to the chase~
I've played a handful of games for awhile now, all so we could make a decent list of possible choices for this summer and the following years...
So here are some of my favourite MMOs so far:

Runes Of Magic

This game is pretty sweet! It joins stunning views with awesome graphics and amazing orchestral music (tho sometimes it seems outta the place). Gameplay wise this game offers some refreshing options such as, the secondary class, when you create a character you pick it's class, but after level 10, you can pick another class! This makes a multitude of possibilities! Such as warrior + Priest, or Warrior + Mage, or Priest + Mage, etc etc. It's also a game that incentivates team play, there are thousands of bosses, even during low level quests (I think you can fight two bosses before reach level 10 (?) ). Speaking of monsters the game has some nice creature designs , weapons and armors.

The game may get annoying tho as it seems to pressure you into buying from chash shop (like, for example , cause of your bag size, at the beggining it seems to be big and stuff, turns out you can't use it completly, tho there is a bank, so this can be fixed.)

Some more images:
SPOILER (click to view)
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

System requirements:
SPOILER (click to view)
Minimum Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 512MB or more
HDD: 3.62GB
DirectX 9.0c compatible with 128MB RAM Video Card

Minimum Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 Core Duo 2.0 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 1GB or more
HDD: 6GB or more
DirectX 9.0c compatible with 256MB RAM Video Card

Sites:
www.theromwiki.com/Main_Page - The Wikia page
www.runesofmagic.com/en/index.html - Official page
http://mmohut.com/review/runes-of-magic - Review
Some people say this game is a copy of Wow, but apparently so is the next game on our list:

Allods online

This game is very unique! known as "Russia's most promising MMO", is the MMO version of Allods, the first single player RPG game in Russia.
This new free to play MMO plunges players into a deep storyline which takes place after the creation of the Allods, mystical islands floating in the Astral, an expansive living substance that makes up the game world. Players will explore these Allods as they battle against a wide range of enemies and other adventurers.

Probably the aspect i like the most about this game (even tho i haven't quite tried it yet) are the airships! You might be used to pilot an airship, you've done it before in Final fantasy titles and some other games, what's so special about these airships? Well you can't control them by yourself! In fact you'll need more 5(?) people to control it, someone to navigate, someone to give coordenates, someone to fire the guns, etc etc.

However something bothers me on this game, the classes, There are two factions in battle, the Empire and the League, the empire has The Empire is composed of the orcs the arisen and the xadaganians. While the league is compose by
the Kanians , the Gibberlings and the Elves each of them have some classes that are shared by other races. What really bothers me on this game is that some classes are stronger in some races, like a Warden Orc is stronger than a Warden Kanian or Gibberling. Still it's a very solid game , that would definetly promote guild playing!!

SPOILER (click to view)
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage GAISHI!?

oh a side note! both of these games have rare monsters and bosses, so if everyone participates, we could have the bounty hunt system back, this time with more benefits in game.
Oh Also, I think we should switch our good and always-so-nice guild chat to voice chat! I've been thinking about this, and i personally belive it would be so much more interesting if we were to play a game while hearing each others (Even more if we pick Allods for our game, imagine controlling those ships with voice chat!!)

http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Allods_Wiki - The wikia page
http://allods.gpotato.com/ - The official page
http://mmohut.com/review/allods-online - Review

-Suggest more games!!-

Edited by EvilFlan - 9/7/2010, 00:57

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 4/7/2010, 02:07

[Had to make a new post, cause apparently there's a image posting limit, 25 images per post.]

Mabinogi

[Negated]

So probably you guys already heard about this game before, It's a rather famous game, It seems like a very light hearted game, and it actually seems to be so ...Until the gods and angels join the storyline.
Anyway this game shines when it comes to Gameplay! It focus on strategy and fast thinking .

Another original feature in this game would be the skills, So far i've only a couple of skills (I've only played for two days and I'm level 14) Wich are Smash, Defence, Counterattack, Icebolt and a few passive skills.
So smash is a great attack for breaking the Defence of the foe, or initiating a battle
Defence can defend you from normal attacks, if you suceed to defend you get a few seconds to attack before the enemy regains conscience, however these once defend you from special attacks like smash (This skill makes you walk slow, so only use if in combat).
Counterattack imobilizes you, albeit it can counter even special attacks (like Smash)
Just with this three skills the game is already entretaining, i guess it only gets more and more entretaining as you progress in the game...
Another two aspects i don't usually care about mmo games are the Storyline and the Music, Mabinogi is a fine example of cool mmo themes.
SPOILER (click to view)

I haven't taste much of the storyline yet, actually the deepest point of the storyline right now was probably shearing sheeps. But i'm rather curious about this girl that presents you to theMabinogi World (Erinn is the name of the world i belive) , think her name was Nao or something? Another NPC mentioned how obedient she is to the Goddess, who i also want to know more about~ Either ways, I'm pretty sure the storyline will get deeper and deeper.

Overall i think it's a really neat game, Very diferent from any other game i played so far, It's not the type of game for hardcore gamers, it's an original game , made simply for people to have fun.

System requirements:
SPOILER (click to view)
Minimun system requirements

Minimum requirements
CPU: Intel Pentium III 800 Mhz
MEM: 256 MB RAM
GFX: GeForce 2MX, ATI Radeon 7000, Matrox G550, i82865, DirectX 9.0c
HDD: 600 MB free HD space

Recomended system requirements

Intel Pentium III 2.0 GHz
512 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForceFX 5700 or
ATI Radeon 9500 or similar
1.2 GB free HD space
DirectX 9.0c
Broadband connection

SPOILER (click to view)
imageimageimageimageimage

Wiki page: www.mabiguru.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/
Official site: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/
Review: http://mmohut.com/review/mabinogi

There seems to be a huge downside on this game tho...European players can't play on the american server/American people can't play in the european servers , I think australians can play in both tho~(?). Well...Hope i can get my hands on Guild Wars now...

Sorry everyone, we had to take this game out of the list, since there's IP block...My apologies to anyone who was excited about this one..

Edited by Flans are delicious - 11/7/2010, 23:04

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 5/7/2010, 13:07

Anyway , i was watching some Top XX Mmorpgs since XXXX, in hope to find new games for us to try. On Most videos the games i presented here are listed, usually Allods and Runes of Magic are in the first 3 places, as well as Perfect world , Atlantica, Dungeons and Dragons(This game seems to beg for your money tho, wich was why we left Trickster in the first place) and Guild Wars(This one isn't Interily free though) (Mabinogi is usually there too, around 5th or 4th place~) . So I was actually hoping to find Boom...He played most of these games, maybe he can give us an Opinion...Anyway!! You guys be sure to come back real quick and start listing games!!

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 6/7/2010, 15:35

I've forgotten my login details for Mabi... Kekeke. I'll start a new one again, after you tell me if it's a go (oh and I don't know which server as well LOL).

I'm up for anything really. But I have to state, I am really slow at leveling up cause I'm no good at these things. So yeah, that's my only thing.

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 6/7/2010, 23:17

(*crying inside...so hard!!*) S-someone~Someone finnally posted on the forums...I started to feel like a druid !

Well I'm playing in Morrigan, in case you wanna play with me~ Hmm..I kinda can relate with you~I'm slow at leveling tho..but this time Imma give it all i got!! Anyway, If you have anything to sugest~but sure to do so~kay?

Also i found these small reviews on Mmohut, i figured i should post them on here, just so you guys could know about the good/bad sides of the games:

Allods Online:

-Pros: +Many unique monster designs. +Unique astral battles (PvP). +In depth storyline. +Many playable classes (8) and 28 Archetypes. +Beautifully designed game world. +Solid interface. +Plenty of quests.

Cons: -Looks far too similar to WoW to be a coincidence. -Manually having to attack can get annoying.

Runes of Magic:
Pros: +Fantastic character customization. +Unique multi-class system. +In-game player housing. +Heaps of different PvP options. +Shares many features with WoW.

Cons: -Many translation errors. -Cash shop can imbalance the game a bit. -Sensitive language filter. -Similarities to WoW may deter some players.

Mabinogi:
Pros: +Unique graphic style. +Skill based progression. +Characters grow older. +Lots of rewarding quests. +Great game music. +Plenty of extras: write music, sheer sheep, etc.

Cons: -Many useful items are cash shop only. -Boring and repetitive dungeon designs. -Awkward combat.
(in my humble opinion..i don't think the game has Awkward battle, the battle just incentivates you to fight in a party, otherwise, yeah it'll be awkward...)

---
The list may not be/isn't complete just yet..however if i had to pick one of these three games,I think I'd seriously go for Allods, it's just unique.

Anyway here are some more screenies, just to get everyone pumped up!!

SPOILER (click to view)

Allods Online:

Runes of Magic

Mabinogi
YOU LISTEN!!! YEAH YOU! If we indeed get to play this game...don't be deceived! These sheeps look all cute and stuff!! But when you see them kicking wolves' asses! You'll understand these are made of the finest material of DOOM! no , seriously.
...Uh? Is this what they ment by Awkward battle?

Edited by EvilFlan - 7/7/2010, 02:21

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 8/7/2010, 23:29

(Crying inside! Hard ! SO HARD!) I feel that our joyful ToA revive ritual is about to begin! Oh! how i missed it! (Don't i sound like a seriously charismatic last boss?) Justin Song himself sent me a mail with his sugestion for this summer/winter game as a reply to the mail i sent you all. Here is his sugestion:
A game that I recommend if everyone likes the more cute graphic game is one named "Grand Fantasia". I was actually playing this game before I left for Hawaii and never got bored of it. It doesn't need a super high system requirement I don't think, so it should be pretty easy to run (or at least I don't ever remember having any problems with it). Here are the game specs:

Minimum Requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 512 MB
HDD: 2.0 GB Free
Graphics Card: Any nVidia GeForce FX 5200 or ATI Radeon 9600
Recommended Specifications:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
RAM: 1024 MB (1GB)
HDD: 2.0 GB Free
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce FX 5700 / ATI Radeon X1600

Kei is already a guildmaster in this game, so it wouldn't be so hard to find her and get her to help us make a ToA guild. The community in this game is also very good as I remember. I don't really remember meeting really arrogant, annoying, or just plain out mean people in this game (like S4). This game is based on teamwork (kind of like PW) so its not rare to see people helping out each other or yourself, even if you've met for the first time.

Well this is my suggestion. Tell me what you guys think ^^

- J Song -

I also did some research on this game... Here are some features:

Explore the magical world of Saphael

Level up your character as you progress through the various quests in each region. Gather some friends and attempt to conquer some of the challenging instanced dungeons.

Branching Class Trees

Begin your adventure as a Novice and quickly gain the option of branching into 1 of 4 classes. Select specialization classes at level 5, 15, and 30 to ultimately choose from a total of 8 character classes. Further customization is available through the Alternate Advancement System!

Customizable Sprite Companion

Create your very own sprite to travel with you. This companion can harvest raw materials for you and even craft weapons and armor!

Player Mounts

Famous heroes don’t walk; they ride in style. Choose from numerous mounts, each with unique requirements so players of all types can gain them.

Auction House

Located in the major cities, Auction Houses serve as a central hub for item sales. Sellers post items for sale and don’t have to be tied down while doing so. Buyers have a central place to look and don’t need to scour player merchant stalls.

Exciting PvP Combat

Participate in 1 on 1 duels or test your might in the 15 vs. 15 Battlefield.

Guild System

Manage your guild with customizable ranks, special quests, and even guild skills as your group of allies grows in size and prestige.

And now some nice images~
SPOILER (click to view)
eh~ Chocobos are starting to appear all over MMORPG games!

Wiki page: http://wiki.aeriagames.com/grandfantasia/i...title=Main_Page
Official Site: http://grandfantasia.aeriagames.com/
A review: http://mmohut.com/review/grand-fantasia

Anyway I'm proud to see that we already have 4 games in our list...I hope they keep coming/that we settle for one quickly. I've seen some of our members playing League of Legends, I should ask'em about the game.
Also maybe we should consider Dungeons & Dragons ? Even tho it's not completly free to play it might be worthy checking out..

Edited by EvilFlan - 9/7/2010, 01:29

JSong
view post Posted on 8/7/2010, 23:46

AH! My account in Grand Fantasia got erased T.T; So guess I gotta start back from scratch ><;; From what I remember from this game...it's really easy to get disposable mounts (permanent mounts are a lil pricey before lvl30, but at lvl40 you get a free one). I think before I left for Hawaii, I was lvl32 and was loving the game still. I evolved into an Assassin class cuz of the debuff skills.

Unlike most RPGs, the archer class isn't terribly sucky. Usually in games, when the monsters get close, then you're screwed, but in this game, there was a good amount of close range skills to keep you more than alive. I'd always just shoot debuff attacks, and if the monster is strong enough to come close, then BAM just use stuns and attack hard with other skills. It was pretty rare for me to die I think (unless in a dungeon with a sucky cleric in your party).

I think everyone would like this game, just be careful cuz you can end up spending tons of money on crafting with your 3 lil crafting pets that follow you around (loved the crafting system in this game, really unique-ish) and find yourself super broke. There's also a market place where you can buy crafting items if you have the money, so you don't have to send away your pets all the time for harder to find items.

I'm going to try out this game again I think, so tell me if you want to join so we can play together xD. My username is: jsong13 , and I'll be on Siropas Ch.3, so come join ^^

ValentineRain
view post Posted on 9/7/2010, 21:22

I haven't been on top of F2P MMO's for a long time, so most of these I haven't played.

Gave the Dungeons and Dragons game a try for a bit, and it wasn't half bad, but I didn't get far enough to be able to tell how much it'll let you progress without a hit to your wallet.
Perfect World was alright, but after hitting around level 40, progress was really slow. I couldn't imagine going back to that.

It really is a shame that S4 completely screwed itself over. That was probably my favorite game ToA has gotten together for, and I still think something more action oriented is a good idea over the slow grind of another MMO (but maybe that's personal bias).

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 10/7/2010, 00:08

Hmmm i don't disagree at all..some action would be nice...But i can't see a game like that...If anyone has a sugestion, please do tell us about it~
But then again i guess it kinda differs from game to game, i still dream of a mmorpg that would shamelessly rip off Final fantasy XII's gameplay.
Oh also this year, i was thinking about game chat, I'm sure we'd have much more fun with it! I for one bought a microphone just for that~

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 11/7/2010, 22:26

I'd like to request help from other ToA members... sadly it seems like i can't download many more games this month, so it would be a great, really great, help if someone could try the following games for me
-Heroes of Three kingdoms ( closed beta : 13th july)
-Aika online
If anyone is interested in helping please just say~

I did a little research on Heroes of Three kingdoms, the game looks similiar to Perfect world, I guess this must be a turn off for most of you guys, but don't panic if you didn't like Pw, cause so far, it only LOOKS like perfect world.
There are 18 classes! Yeah 18! Isn't that rad? Each class uses a specific weapon, and they all look awesome.

The game sets in an ancient china. Just like pw the game and the setting are incredibly beautiful

I still don't have much information on the character creation , but even tho it doesn't seem to be as complex as PW it still seems pretty nice.

You can check out the skill system here also the mounts, crafting and campaigns

SPOILER (click to view)
imageimageimageimageimage

I think the game is worth checking out , and i'll try my best to try it myself, but i probably won't be able to do so for awhile...
On a side note, today i tried the league side of Allods, the tutorial was incredibly awesome and touching...I really think we should give it a try. However i still don't know if you guys are or not gonna play with "us"...so please give me answers soon.

Edited by Flans are delicious - 13/7/2010, 00:14

Shin.de
view post Posted on 14/7/2010, 17:46

Hmm I don't like the graphics in Rune of Magic much but I won't be able to play anything until after October either way

10 replies since 24/6/2010, 12:56   269 views