ToA Forums

The Real World RP, Roleplay

« Older   Newer »
~QueenAngels~
view post Posted on 8/4/2010, 02:42

Okay, so basically I hear we need to boost up some action in the forum, not that its boring, but this might actually be fun. So I had an idea from my other forum that maybe we can start to roleplay. Roleplaying is kind of like an RPG, just you play a character in the story along with other people to make up one story. It ends up pretty awesome. So here is an attempt to start something new:

Once upon a time...wait who are we kidding, once upon a time is usually followed with "a long time ago" which would be a total lie. We seem to think we live in a world...normal what most people call reality, but is that really true or is that what people want us to think?

Welcome to the real world. The world where everything and anything is possible. All those stories, nightmares, books, movies where you thought it was just a myth or just a story, well they all started here in our world right here in front of us. The only thing blocking normal humans from seeing or even believing in the Real World is something called the Mist it won't allow anyone who doesn't believe or doesn't know about it to see it. If a person refuses to understand or just plainly doesn't know about the Real World, then they won't see it.

In the Real World there are werewolves, vampires, shape-shifters, witches, warlocks, talking animals, elves, dwarfs, dragons, fairies, pixies, imps, werecats...anything anyone can ever think up is there. Anything imagined is there, even your worst nightmares. So there is good and evil as well.

Our job is to save what is about to be lost forever. The Tezuka, the bad guys are against us, they want everyone in the world to forget about the Real World. By everyone human forgetting about the Real World destroys it. Thats Leach's plan anyway, he's the leader of it all. I

The Real World will simply vanish, but we can't have that now can we?

Thats why the Ryuga, the good guys of course (what type of world has only evil?), are here to save the day. The Ryuga are the group of people who fight against the Tezuka. They make sure there is enough people believing, seeing, and understanding about the Real World for it to continue to exist.

Thats where I come in, my name is Tamako Sakae, which means Jewel Child- Prosperous, I'm a Tezuka warrior. I'm here to gather more Tezuka to help save the Real World. Are you ready for the Adventure of a lifetime?

Now here's a profile for your character that everyone has to make before starting the actual rp:

Name:
Nickname:
Appearance (Get an avatar picture or just describe it your character words):
Age (lets keep it between 15-19):
Personality:
History/Background:
Strongest Weapon (from actual weapons, to powers, to features, to knowledge):
Other:

Here is mine:

Name: Tamako Sakae
Nickname: non
Appearance: Tamako: image and her twin Hibari: image
Personality: Very strong and outgoing, sarcastic and humorous but serious about her job and sometimes very blunt.
History/ Background: Her mother is an elf princess and her father was a human who still lives in the Other World (which is the world surrounded by Mist), her twin brother, Hibari, is the Captain Warrior for Leach's Tezuka.
Strongest Weapon: She's an excellent Archer and knows many spells.
Other: She looks human even though she is actually half elf.

Now its up to you all to make your own characters before we start to actually start playing. Also do make sure you don't have any Mary Sue characters: Mary-Sue is one of the most annoying people on Earth, yet she crops up surprisingly often in roleplays and fanfiction, sometimes by mistake. You don't want you're character to be completely perfect, completely evil. We want to balance out our characters to be human with mistakes and flaws so remember that while you rp.
Thanks and I really hope this works and is fun!!!

JSong
view post Posted on 9/4/2010, 10:16

Wow, did you write the above story? If you did, man, you're really good at writing :O! I totally feel like doing this after reading that...even though I don't really role play hahah. Haha, so I guess the people of the spiritual realm are Japanese? hehe. Well this might be interesting and I have no idea how to do a RP, but here I go:

Name: Jason Park
Nickname: none so far
Appearance: Tall asian guy with a casual look. Sorry no pic.
Personality: Nice guy, somewhat outgoing but likes his time alone as well. Likes to joke around a lot and laughs tons.
History/Background: Regular guy who ends up stumbling upon the other world and slowly learning about it. He can sometimes see through the mist but his sensitivity to it slowly improves.
Strongest Weapon: Using some intellect and later using a sword.
Other: Works in website designing business, so he's around computers a lot, so he researches a lot on the computer about the Mist instead of working and gets yelled at by his boss.

~QueenAngels~
view post Posted on 9/4/2010, 23:14

Ya I did write it up haha. Kinda made it up on the spot too. But gotta give some credit to Heather with the names and some of the details. Thanks. Oh ya, also once we start roleplaying then if anyone wants to comment or say something they should put it in (( )) two parenthesis that way we readers know the difference between comments, questions and random talk and the actual rping.

Alright! Thanks for joining! Also, can't wait for more to join, the more the players the more fun! You can be more then one character too, but lets keep it at like 2/3 per person so we won't get confused. Now we just need more people to start. OOh and it doesn't have to be just Japanese characters, but I think we'll place this entrance in Japan?

2 replies since 8/4/2010, 02:42   70 views