ToA Forums

ToA v2.00

« Older   Newer »
EvilFlan
view post Posted on 21/3/2010, 01:43

I wonder if this qualifies as an announcement tho...

Anyway, I've been thinking lately about how ToA is right now...We rarely get to be all together, like Jay said "Rl kicked in" everyone is really busy and we barely get to contact each other even through the blogs. This really worries me, even though we're usually busy by this time of the year, and generally make it up during summer vacations , I still can't stop feeling a bit anxious about all this. We rarely even get to use the forums now, cause of the blogs and all.
Anyway it's pretty much impossible for us to play any sort of game as things are now, none of us has time or way to play a game as things are now, so i tought we should move from simply being a game guild, i discussed this with Jay, and we found some alternatives...Now this doesn't mean we won't play mmorpgs whenever we have the time to actually do it, but it pains me to see how we're all so disconnected from each others for the time being. Moving on, as i said, me and Justin tought about some alternatives for ToA. We tought about having a Video blog~ This, however, means we have to get cams, mics, all that stuff , and I understand that you guys might not want to show yourselves...I myself am a bit afraid of showing my face on the net, so we also tought of forming a Band online [Like the guys from this video : www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMel7LajhgA&feature=related] (This means i'd have to improve alot ...) of course, a band online means we'd still need all those cams and mics and stuff, HD if possible. We only came up with these two, i also tought of a radio station...but..I that's probably too complicated. So if you guys have good alternatives just be sure to tell us about them! Also, I'll understand if you guys don't want to change anything..it would be a huge leap on ToA's history, and some of you might see this as a terribly bad idea, but see also the bright side!! We wouldn't exactly change our activities as a guild, just add some more. So please leave whatever opinion you have~!

JSong
view post Posted on 21/3/2010, 06:57

Ya a video blog where there's us four on one account could be interesting, but we'd also need to decide if it'd be scripted or non-scripted. It could get pretty interesting scripted, like seeing different parts of a story. Like we're all connected somehow. Or if it's non-scripted, we could just show random vids of like what we do during the day and narrate and such.

The band would be interesting but really hard to do cuz we'd all have to make sure to play at the same beat. If it works out tho, it'd be so worth it xD. For these ideas we'd have to get HD cams and a decent mic for the singer, the instruments would have to plug into the computer or a recorder if possible.

Ya, I dun think we can be a game guild anymore, so this would be pretty interesting to do. Give some more ideas guys and we can all decide on one. Just would be fun to do something all together and do it in a way so that we can get new members into the guild without being limited to the game community xD.

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 21/3/2010, 09:46

Wah~ I agree... about the real life-ness overload. @_@ Does anyone know the actual anniversary of ToA~? I wanna put it on a timeline some where... Anyway about the present...
Those sound like good ideas~ But about the video blog thing, what do you mean by scripted? And for the internet band... wah >_<' We'd totally be like K-On. But still, they are both good ideas~ I think we all are a bit scared (just a teeny weeny bit) of the camera. I think I'm more scared of the surprises that might pop up:
/Fade's log: Fade in a zombie-like state... A really really tall Fade... OoOoO, I wonder if Fade will has a Euro accent~?
/J's log: A pervy-looking old man... Collectable animal heads in the background...
/Shin's log: Shin with better hair than me (lol jokes, we know Shin would win hands down)... Maybe that or the Grudge. Or maybe Shin dressed up as the Grudge...
xD I'm joking in all of those by the way~ (But I would laugh it that does happen). But yeah~ Only time will tell~
Oh, and sorry if I don't have any ideas... I was thinking of sending you guys letters but then I thought "Guys don't like letters... especially if they are the kind that come in a pink envelope, with Hello kitty stationery and spongebob stickers all over it". So yeah, scratch that idea off completely... But if I do get an idea, you'll be the first to know *nods*.
Chea... =o

JSong
view post Posted on 21/3/2010, 10:01

I never really thought of it, but Fade would look like a zombie o.o; haha jk, but Fade would have an awesome Euro accent o.o; I wonder how think it is...what if we can't understand his english :O!!! What if Shin has a thick british accent and it's hard to understand him also :O!!! haha jk.

Well you already know what I look like, just gotta make it look 3D. More like you'd see guitars littered in the background and guitar pedals scattered on the ground hehe.

I wonder if Shin's pajamas are white...he could totally look like The Ring, Grudge, etc haha. He just has to make the jerky movements and BAM asian ghost :O. But I always wondered....why is an asian girl with a white face, long silky hair, and in a white dress scary? I think my first reaction would be to check the ghost out hahah.

Ah, can't send me a letter cuz I might be gone by the time it arrives ><; but once I go back feel free to hehe.

Ah, I meant scripted as in like.....we could script scenarios to make it more like a tv. series than real life stuff. I remember seeing a youtube account with guys doing that, but of course they all lived together, so it was a lot easier. We'd have to make it super creative being separate ><;

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 21/3/2010, 13:29

Super creative is definetly what we need to be!!
I actually think the zombie accent is much more accurace than the cool euro accent..i don't even have a nice accent like al-sid! damn it!! Actually come to think of it..many people caracterized me as a zombie...Or as if i was high..

JSong
view post Posted on 21/3/2010, 22:13

Are you like really mellow and quiet in real life? I guess so if they said you're like a zombie...unless you always walk around swaying or with your arms out o.o;

Only real men bring a reference across threads :O!

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 21/3/2010, 23:18

Hmm yeah im a bit like that, kinda noisy at times too...But i used to walk in an awkward way ...

Heather_trickster
view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 05:14

QUOTE (LittleMissMisty @ 21/3/2010, 09:46)
Wah~ I agree... about the real life-ness overload. @_@ Does anyone know the actual anniversary of ToA~? I wanna put it on a timeline some where... Anyway about the present...

hmmm... I think TOA happened to start on summer vacation ... hmmm was it in 2006 :blink: ...

Heather_trickster
view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 05:31

I like the video idea... but how are we suppose to put a band together...? I mean there alot of people in TOA but some of them rarely log's in...they might feel left out of the band because they didn't check the forum in a while. And also how will we do it in the right beat...
The video blog is a good idea ... shouldn't we put random video's (don't have to show our faces since we're all camera shy) of what we see ... or things that happen to be funny, interesting, and/or random scenes that we happen to be videoing...
I like the band thing but i would "TABLE IT"(it means put a bill on hold... learnt it on political science class, we're learning how to pass a bill) ^_^ unless the presedent (shin), vice pres. (Kage) or speaker of the house (Fade) "PASSES IT"

I might not make any sense at the moment or i migth make some vocab or grammar mistakes.... becoz i'm not feeling like myself right now... gomen

JSong
view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 09:15

WAIT!, Why is Fade a higher position than me?! That's not politically correct! I object!! haha. More like Shin&Kage are Co-presidents, I'm the vice and Fade is the speaker buahaha.

Anywho, ya I was thinking of maybe just doing random videos, BUT we'd have to make sure to put our names in the titles like "J throws apples at cats" or something so people who watch it know who they're watching (so they can kinda get to know who each of us are instead of guessing).

As for the older members, dunno if they'd wanna do it, but I can ask them. I still contact them xD

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 15:49

Ya Jay...Keep dreaming, everyone knows I am waaaay higher than you! stop fooling yourself YÓHHAHAHA~ Heck! I'm above everyone !! YOHAHAHA BOW DOWN TO ME THE WITCH OF GOLDEEEN!

Anywho, I don't like the vblog idea as much as the band idea, but heather is right, it would be really hard for us to play all at the same time, even with edits and stuff.
But remenber you guys, these are only two options, you can always sugest more ! Remenber~be creative~

Heather_trickster
view post Posted on 23/3/2010, 05:38

Ah... gomen gomen... ^_^"
i haven't been online in a while... so don't know people's positions; all I know is that all four of you are at the top...

JSong
view post Posted on 23/3/2010, 07:17

*ignores Fade* Anyways, ya, I'd love the band idea too, but it'd get pretty pricey and time consuming >.<; If everyone gave a dedicated "yes", then lets do it~!

Ya, we need some more ideas :O! Um...something else we could do is...uh...start a webpage? where we draw comics? o.o; or...uh...not sure >.< *Is not that creative* @.@;

Come up with more ideas everyone xD

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 23/3/2010, 21:45

Don't worry heather~We're pretty much all at the same place i belive, so no stress~

Hmm yeah I don't dislike the webpage idea either! Come on people! don't be shy! Give us more more more ideas~! I'll come up with some too!!

Shin.de
view post Posted on 31/3/2010, 17:10

I'm happy to see you all so excited...well, band. A band is not as easy to create, manage etc as you might think, of course, it doesn't matter if it's all for fun, but it would be incredibly difficult.

Trust me when I say the effort behind making music is not a walk in the parc.

I think a video blog would be a good start, I just don't know how much time I will have to get involved with anything soon. I've graduated university, moved with my significant other, I am about to take the bar exam that has a passing rate of 2% and will be working on helping with a still young company. I am practically all grown up now w...all I miss is kids, and that too is only a half true statement ( no I'm not becoming a father, don't worry).

This are not excuses to forget about ToA, I've always been and will always be behind you guys all the way, I just can't promise to be able to get as involved as I would like or as I would have some years ago.

All I can hope is that we all, one way or another, stay friends for at least as long as we have been.

For start, let's keep this forums alive as a place where we can still chat, and share whatever happens to us. We'll go from there.

EDIT: Look through the forums I've seen our RPG maker game, and the stories we have started, why don't we work on those? Everyone can do it at their own pace.

20 replies since 21/3/2010, 01:43   264 views