ToA Forums

ToA rpg- Designs

« Older   Newer »
EvilFlan
view post Posted on 30/11/2009, 19:49

So then~ Once im done with the 1st arc in Highschool comic~ I'll start the RPG comic, So i should start by (re)doing designs for characters right?
I had already done designs for me, kitte-nii, kage, and jay, but i'm not happy with them~so i start redoing'em

Anyway! These were done by misty!

(i only noticed now the penguin gets an helmet too~so cute! )
Remenber~These were done by misty!

I guess there's no need to post my older designs right?
So i'll just post the new ones.
So far i've only done kitte-nii's ~ mukyu~
I'll be done with jay's and kage's in a bit! and then mine~

anyway, here's kitte-nii's:
rainbus~are pweetyy~

So anyway, i hope i gave off the feeling i wanted to give with this design, more of a oriental style~Since kitte-nii's japanese i guess it's only fitting~ with a holy touch~Since kitte-nii's a white mage/priest its only fitting! mostly inspired in perfect world~ since kitte-nii's addicted to it i guess its only fitting~
(All the rainbowness + celestialness + orientalness kinda remind me of Touhou : scarlet weather raphsody..i wonder if this is my subconcious working...)

[Edit]
oh!! i forgot to mention, that kanji character in kitte-nii's Towel thing..whatever that is...I think it means something like "eternal" ? or "Eternity" ? Not sure, but since ToA shound like "forever" in japenese~ I guess its only fitting! ~

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 1/12/2009, 03:58

image Jay's design, I wonder if i made the sketch too simple?

Maybe i'll have to redo it or something...

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 1/12/2009, 11:56

*-* So... rainbow-y... reminds me of Touhou + all those colourful bullets and stuff.

Your design for Shin looks so familiar?... *thinks* Sora in Chain of Memories? O_o But it does make sense, just like how you outlined it in your description for it. I really like the ToA reference on the towel thing (lol, I like how we're calling it a towel for now XD). The pose for it is very appropiate *thumbs up*.

As for J's design, maybe it only looks simple because it's uncoloured? Either that or it needs a bit of detail on the shoes + shield? (Or maybe a jellyfish on his head xD). But if you're still unsure of the overall design (and this is for all other designs too), just keep it simple now, have other designs to compare it to and when you've narrowed it down, eventually work up the detail later (just like in painting~).

Keep up the good work ^^

Oh~ And have you decided what class you're gonna be yet? O-o?

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 1/12/2009, 13:44

Yeah i think i'll just redo it quickly in a bit~ maybe change the pose too , it looks silly
but..Sora from Chain of memories? why~? i dont' really see resemblance..or is it just me?
oh and I'll be the jester~No i mean more like a gambler, since jesters are a really rare class, and most of the time they just work as gambler, but i'll keep a jester-ish look~

JSong
view post Posted on 1/12/2009, 21:58

Oh, awesome work yet again Fade xD. I agree with Misty tho, it might just look simple because it's not colored in ^^. Now all I need is an awesome sword xD hehe. Also it's good to keep it simple, cuz if it's an RPG, you can make us find new equipment and slightly change our look as the comic goes on. Like *J has found a jellyfish hat...he doesn't want to equip it, but the stats are higher so he does anyways T.T;* haha.

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 1/12/2009, 22:48

haha Yeah i didn't drew the sword yet, principally cause im not sure how to make it, but i'd like it to be like cecil palading ex-mode's sword in dissidia~ Thin but awesome, much like a rapier~
and yeah i like that idea of change the looks as the story progresses, not much tho~
I kept it simple cause its gonna be drawn over and over again, but i think i'll had some detail, cause unlike kitte-nii's it doesn't look as complete, i'll add some detail later, (i can't today~really relly busy sorry everyone~)

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 2/12/2009, 12:37

Short reply. *feels so... unloving since it's so short*

Don't rush yourself Fade~

<3 we love you Fade ^^ So take your time! Stress is bad, it'll make you wrinkly...

Shin.de
view post Posted on 2/12/2009, 19:47

I love the artwork ( excuse my lack of proper comment/ criticism, but I barely got a moment to breath)

*J found a JellyFish hat. He doesn't want to equip it, he wants to eat it*

Complete kanji for towa ->
永久

JSong
view post Posted on 3/12/2009, 00:27

Hahah hmm, actually I remember eating jellyfish and not being a big fan of it. If it was a squid hat however... >=D. I actually love squid cooked in every form besides uncooked hehe. So yummy @.@;; I actually ate it this Sunday in the form of Calamari xD Mmm mmm delicious xD

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 3/12/2009, 19:52

Im so sorry everyone~This week has been crazy , been super busy doing tests reciving them, et cetera.
Anyway i haven't made a single page yet have I..? I'm terribly sorry~This week and the next one are really really busy ones, maybe after that i'll draw alot more!
Anyway, I finnally finish my characters designs ~ *scans* Here's mine and kage's!image
It looks very poor ~but~ i did it during my english class, i swear i almost felt like i had my teachers glare penetrating my skull~
(also kage ate kitte-nii's tomatoes~so he's mad!) Anyway bout the outfits i had lots of freedom doing mine..since gambler never really had a recurring outfit~In Final Fantasy XI they look like pirates~in Final Fantasy VI they look like sephiroth, and yadda yadda (I quit the jester job 'cause its quite rare to see a Jester class in a mmo, actually im pretty sure only 2 or 3 have them , and they work sort off like a gambler ,Luck and evasion ) so i sticked to a jester look. Oh i almost forgot to mention i think that hat is similiar to a hat i saw somewhere in Hack//G.U. . OH! here she is..she ? They? uh...
SPOILER (click to view)

'Bout kage's well made him look like a tradicional Thief, with the traiditional bandana, light clothing, Gloves (altough he only wears one, he's cool~) I also gave him a piece of tissue to his waist, just to look cool~ (also~notice how hi's hair just cuts through the bandana~) oooh there are also these bracelet things in his upper arms, with checkers...i like checkers.

Edited by EvilFlan - 3/12/2009, 20:12

Shin.de
view post Posted on 4/12/2009, 16:38

Ahaha w, Kage is as mysterious as ever, but he ought to know he wouldn't survive eating my tomatoes.

And my, don't you have a fashionable hat gaki? Great job again, I can't wait to see the first page of this

10 replies since 30/11/2009, 19:45   130 views