ToA Forums

Question of the Week #5

« Older   Newer »
JSong
view post Posted on 5/11/2009, 18:30

Ok this is the last Psychopath question, but I'm not even sure if it is one because its REALLLY easy or at least I got the answer right when I heard it. So lets see who can get the answer first xD. As always I'll change the story a bit to make it more interesting >=D

Story:
There was a rich celebrity who had a wife, a son, and a daughter. He was really famous for his acting talent and had thousands of fans who would send him gifts and letters of appreciation. He was adored throughout his country and was seen everywhere you looked in advertisements.

One day while he went to his desk to look over some lines for an upcoming movie, he noticed a fan letter on his desk. This was very odd because his letters were usually not read by himself, but by some people he hired. He decided to take a look seeing he'd been neglecting fan mail for over a year and thought that this person must have gone through so much trouble to get it on his desk. When he opened the letter, the print was in crimson blood and said "I need to be with you. I can't stand us being apart. We WILL be together. This year, when you see the lights go out in your house, I will kill your family so that we can spend our lives together."

He immediately went to the police about this, and asked for any information that could help him keep his family safe. They told him that it seemed like the letter was written by a man and that he should be very cautious of who he lets inside his house.

This information didn't leave him satisfied, so he went out and bought tons of spotlights to fill his yards with light, so he could see if anyone would try to break in. He also set up surveillance cameras that had guards watching them 24/7. He also bought a dog and specially trained it, so that if the lights went out, it would sniff to make sure the family was safe and then lick his hand as a sign that everything was ok.

The next week, his family went to bed when the lights suddenly shut off throughout the entire house. The man could hear the dog running around the house doing it's job and left his hand at the side of the bed for the dog to lick if it was safe. Anxiety was tearing him apart waiting for the dog, but 5 minutes later, he finally felt it lick his hand. He felt a surge of relief and went back to sleep.

In the morning, his son was found dead in his room with duct tape on his mouth, and stab wounds across his body. The man was furious and in his anger killed the dog with a gun. Another letter was found near his son's body that said "We can almost be together. Just 2 more left." The man bought an even bigger, faster dog and taught him the same trick, but for his now 3 person family and put even more lights and cameras everywhere in his home.

Another week passes, and the family goes to sleep when all the lights throughout the house go out. He hears the dog take off and prays that everything will be ok. He puts his hand to the side of the bed and feels a lick which puts him at ease. There's no way the killer can get through his tight defense right?

The next morning his daughter, wife, and dog were found dead.

Q: How could this be?

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 5/11/2009, 19:45

Easy~ The hand licker was the killer, See this dear shinock? I too can solve crimes Ohohohoo.

Shin.de
view post Posted on 6/11/2009, 00:14

too sleepy to read that block of text at the moment. I will trust my dear Fadeson that he got the right answer and come back at it after I'm actually awake.

ValentineRain
view post Posted on 10/11/2009, 01:34

tl;dr

...no, really, I guess I'll read it.

QUOTE (EvilFlan @ 5/11/2009, 13:45)
Easy~ The hand licker was the killer, See this dear shinock? I too can solve crimes Ohohohoo.

Seconded.
The mental image that went with this was worth having to read that wall of text.

JSong
view post Posted on 10/11/2009, 21:43

Ya see? So easy @.@;; Maybe I made the story too predictable while telling it too haha, oh wells. I forgot if the dog was supposed to die at the end or not, but just let it die. Well good job detective fade :O

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 10/11/2009, 22:05

JUST WAIT A SECOND!
Explain me why didn't the first dog die!!

JSong
view post Posted on 10/11/2009, 23:04

The first dog didnt die because the murderer could of easily tranquilized it or whatever. I think in the actual story, the dog's actually supposed to survive at the end, but I think I messed that up haha. AH, or he could of been the dog trainer too, I think that was a possibility.

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 10/11/2009, 23:05

ooooh that~! Yeah i actually wasn't 100% sure of my answer cause of the first dog ~

7 replies since 5/11/2009, 18:30   79 views