ToA Forums

AION, Screenies of the Aion Open Beta

« Older   Newer »
ShyyYuYu
view post Posted on 12/9/2009, 21:08

Dani & I were lucky enough to get to participate in the last Open Beta for Aion before its release at the end of the month. Let me just say, as a gamer without a whole lot of gaming experience and as a person who really appreciates art, nature and beauty - I didn't think any game could top Perfect World but....I was wrong. This game is so graphically intense that I actually got motion sick running through it the first few days I played. The graphics are just...truly amazing. The screenshots just don't do it justice since the leaves rustling, the grasses waving, the clouds lazily drifting by one minute then blowing in angry gray and faster moving and erupting into rain (sometimes soft gentle rain - once a huge storm with wind and lightening and thunder) just can't be caught and expressed - it must be experienced.
Another thing that has spoiled most games for me (thanks to PW) is the character customization...In Aion - not only is the char creation more advanced and varied then PW but you can also dye individual armor pieces as well as merge armors to make different looks (both of these things are done at higher levels then we have gotten to so we haven't actually done it yet but to know that we can is just....*drool*) Anyway - They wipe the Beta tomorrow (Sunday the 13th) so we are hoping to get to level 15 before then. Please feel free to check out the screenies... http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/p...%20Open%20Beta/
It is a pay to play game and I have not yet decided if I will be playing but if I do - I will post up our server info and stuff. I will upload some new screenies later this weekend and will post when I do that as well. And no worries - I will not give up on PW - cuz I am so in love with that game! If I play Aion - I will just have to divide my time a bit. Hey maybe then Fade can catch up! *LOL*<3

Oh before I forget - for those looking at the screenies - when you turn level 9 - you recall your memories of being a very important daeva (warrior/protector of Aion) before you lost your memory and you "ascend" - basically you get your wings and start your training in your chosen path. There is much pomp and ceremony which was beautiful (I actually teared up - but I'm such a dork when it comes to things like that) - there are loads of cut scenes when you do certain quests and accomplish goals and your character is inserted into them - it makes it so real and exciting - at least for me!

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 25/9/2009, 22:29

Aaaaah~ I'd really love to try it..sucks its p2p..guess i'll await for private servers OHOHOHHOHOHO~

boomsticky
view post Posted on 28/9/2009, 12:59

*shows off his Aion playlist*

https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D64DD751DCF72794

and no I'm playing this game officially.

2 replies since 12/9/2009, 21:03   62 views