ToA Forums

Reunite ~ToA~ mission~

« Older   Newer »
EvilFlan
view post Posted on 13/6/2009, 19:58

Hi~
So my fabulous self came up with an amazing idea ~*shinny*
But to develop that idea, we will need a game that all of us want/can play. (No im not telling what that idea is for now ,fufufufufu.)
So I made this survey.
When everyone answered the admins will search for a MMO that can satisfie the biggest number of ToA menbers (hopefully the others will want to play it too...Oh and if you can then please help us out finding this mystic game~)
Anyway, Here is the Survey.

1.F2P or P2P?

2.Action RPG (like dragon nest or lunia) Real time RPG or Turn Base RPG (these are actually rare...Examples: Final fantasy IX (not Mmo), Atlantica) or Shooting RPG (like S4)

3.Cute graphics (a bit like hmm...Maybe Ether Saga or monato esprit) , anime graphics (like lunia or Ghostx) or realist graphics (like Perfect world or Aion)

4. With diferent races (Like Rising force (Bellatos ,acrecitas , or Elf things)) or only one race (like Fly for fun, (Humans only.))

5.What classes would you like to play as?

6.Is the storyline Vital? or you just ignore it?

7. Weapons, should they be amazingly huge and irealistic (Like cloud's Buster Sword) , normal weaponry (like Broadswords and such) or it doesnt matter?

8. Should the game have good graphics? Average graphics? or that really doesnt matter?

9. 2D games , Scrolling games , or 3D ?

10. Want to sugest any game?

11. What was the game you played for longer? and you're favorite?

12. What's you favorite colour?

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 13/6/2009, 20:25

1. I'd rather Free to play.

2. Honestly i won't care much about the gameplay..But i'd like if it wasnt a shooting game, i'd rather a turn based game, anything but a mission based game.

3.I like realistic and anime graphics, but wichever will be alright for me.

4. I like when there are many races, so there can exist massive PvP Battles.

5. Well..I like the jester/clown classes..but i know that one is rather rare to see in games...So i'd like either Thief class, Or Gunner class, if none of these are avaible then i won't mind being a black mage or a Shield based class.

6. I don't usually pay attention to that, but its always nice.

7. I really like the huge ~ Bustaah~Swords~ But i also like normal weapons so doesnt really matter.

8.Well good graphics are always nice.but i wont stop playing a game because of its bad graphics.

9.Hmm Probably 3D, i dont really like Scrolling games, but 2D is fine too.

10. Hmm.. I found 5 Mmos today that seem rather interesting (http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-06-11...0123190,1.shtml) Hmm also..maybe Rising force online or Archlord, Both are quite addicting.

11. Trickster, but i dont really have a favourite.

12. "It's kinky, w."

Edited by EvilFlan - 14/6/2009, 18:04

Shin.de
view post Posted on 13/6/2009, 21:38

1.F2P or P2P? Well, if everyone decided on it, I can afford P2P but, I would prefer F2P

2.Action RPG (like dragon nest or lunia) Real time RPG or Turn Base RPG (these are actually rare...Examples: Final fantasy IX (not Mmo), Atlantica) or Shooting RPG (like S4)

Hmmm, well outside online gaming, I enjoy turn base rpgs a lot, but those are rare in mmo su, real time/action sounds good ( maybe something with faster exciting gameplay)

3.Cute graphics (a bit like hmm...Maybe Ether Saga or monato esprit) , anime graphics (like lunia or Ghostx) or realist graphics (like Perfect world or Aion)

I don't care about the graphics.

4. With diferent races (Like Rising force (Bellatos ,acrecitas , or Elf things)) or only one race (like Fly for fun, (Humans only.))

Something that allows race wars would be nice, it gives more meaning to actually making a guild. The Chip War System in Rf was really good ( where races fought eachother for the mines every few hours)

(like most of you already know) I usually play support.

I don't really care much for it. Unless the quests give really good exp w

7. Weapons, should they be amazingly huge and irealistic (Like cloud's Buster Sword) , normal weaponry (like Broadswords and such) or it doesnt matter?

I care more about the variety, costumazation ( like refine, socketing and so on) and the existance of in game legendary weapons ( definetly not a game where you just buy the strongest weapons)

8. Should the game have good graphics? Average graphics? or that really doesnt matter?

Good character graphic at least

3D

Ether Saga seems pretty nice, if a bit childish. You can transform into the monsters you fight, turn them into pets and the skill system seems incredibly complex. The cash shop doesn't seem to sell weapons either so that's a plus

Trickster, and I presume it was my favourite if I played for almost 2 years

mm 12 w

LittleMissMisty
view post Posted on 15/6/2009, 07:07

1.F2P or P2P?
Free 2 play I suppose, because isn't that more available to everyone?

Erm... Anything that's not hard?

I wouldn't mind any, as long as it doesn't lag my lame excuse of a computer. >_>

Anything is fine really ^^

Not sure... Most likely the cutest thing available xD

It would be nice if there was some~ Always gives me something to read about.

Doesn't really matter... In real life, I can use a 10cent coin as a weapon *serious face*

Doesn't really matter, just as long as I don't lag xD

3D is becoming more awesome, so I'll do with that. (Plus, I'll be doing 3D next year~ *u*)

No not really... I only play games my brother plays unless I really suck at it.

I was stuck on Flyff for a bit, then went to Trickster because I found it really cute ^^

No one's answered 'properly' so I guess I'll leave this blank?

ValentineRain
view post Posted on 15/6/2009, 13:45

I apologize in advance for what will certainly become a hideous wall of text.

1.F2P or P2P?
It better be damn good if I have to pay for it.
And not World of Warcraft.

Don't care. I tend to get more involved when it isn't just 'sit on auto attack until the monster is dead' though.

Don't care, as long as it's good at whatever it's going for (if it takes the cute route, it needs to actually look cute and not cartoony and lazy. If it goes for the realistic graphics thing, it should likewise not look like crap.)

Don't care. Races aren't as important as character customization in general. If there are three, but every elf human and orc look the same, it's still not as good as a game that only has one race but control over what it looks like.

Magic classes. I usually go with the healing ones but DoT ones work just fine.

In an MMO? It's a distraction.

Don't care.

Refer to question three.

Don't c- wait, is scrolling like Maple Story or Grand Chase? Ew. Ew ew ew.

Not World of Warcaft.

World of Warcraft... and World of Warcraft. v.v;
Hence why I won't play it.

Cheese.

Okay, I realize I haven't been all that helpful so far, and I HAVE played a fair share of MMO's so here's a rundown of the ones I can remember, complete with helpful links to the homepage of each so you can do additional research.

World of Warcraft-
Easily the greatest MMORPG of all time, no question. This is the one time an American company has taken something Asia does better than us and spanked them with it. Seriously. Everything you've ever complained about in an MMO is fixed here, and everything you've ever loved about them is one hundred times better. Unless you love dysentery. I always found it lacking in that department.
The catch is that this game will eat your life. You'll wake up two years later and realize you don't remember anything about it. Then GO BACK TO PLAYING. Most people ignore the "video games are an addictive curse to our children" ranters. So do I. But this game IS. It's crack in video game form. If you value your value-less soul, avoid it.
Oh, and the monthly hit to your wallet is a caveat as well.

Trickster Online--
Adorable, and I have very fond memories of it.
Sadly, all of the new content is for obscenely high-leveled characters. Quests aren't very evenly dispersed so while it was amazingly fun at first, everything past level 30 is pure grinding. What's worse is they seem to have gone back and re-done all of the areas I thought were perfect when I got obscessed with the game.
Rest in peace Trickster, old friend. Your lack of compelling content and succumbing to MMO-Grind syndrome has been your downfall.

Fly for Fun-
I remember this one vaguely. I think I got to a decent level (20 ish?) then got incredibly bored. It has an interesting flight system, to it's credit, but is filled with a lot of monotonous grinding. You won't even be allowed off of the ground until you do a good bit of it. And stuff (was) incredibly expensive at early levels. If you actually cared (I didn't) you'd probably have to spend several more hours grinding just to have the money to buy good enough gear to grind somewhere else.
That being said, I haven't touched this game in years. Maybe it has better content now. I dunno, ask Fade, I think he would.
Fun fact: I believe this game used to be called Fly for Free. At least that's what the old Xfire banners I found it by said. Maybe they changed because people searching for it always wound up on Priceline.

Perfect World-
I really liked this one for a number of reasons. It had a very good flow of quests up until about level 40. Apparently then it sort of ebbed off but I didn't get far enough for it to make a difference. Best of all? It had this great feature in the quest window that would not only tell you who wanted to give you a quest, but their EXACT COORDINATES. You could then take those coordinates and put them into your map, which would then make a clearly visible blue arrow point to them. It's the one feature I wish World of Warcraft had. It'll probably be patched in at some point though....v.v;
It also had a very nice character customization interface. Very thorough, and you could even change what you looked like at any time for a few days if you weren't satisfied when you started out. Even afterwards you could pay some cash to get it changed if you got tired of it.
The graphics were also really nice, especially the gorgeous water effects.
Oh wait, I need to say something bad to discourage you all now... um... Well, a lot of the features were really only available to people paying for them. After all, they had to make money somehow since it was F2P. There was a pet system where they'd fight for you but it only worked for one class, even though it was visible for all of them. Caused a lot of confusion. Also, at least on the server I played, as soon as you hit level 30 you could be killed in PvP anywhere but towns. Some griefers made for a terrible time trying to complete quests.
I personally LOVE PvP and rarely play MMO's without them anymore, but they aren't everyone's cup of tea it seems.

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online-
Okay, first strike against it. The name is way too damn long.
I was in the closed beta test for this game. Everyone has access to a nice skill leveling system that's quite customizable. There are no classes so you can tailor your character to how you play, and aren't pegged to a certain setup from the beginning. It's main gimmick... I mean feature...involves negotiating with demons, who may offer there service to you and...wait...isn't that just another name for a pet system?!
On the downside, though there are mounts available, until you get them you have to deal with an absolutely, inexcusably abysmal running speed. There is almost no character customization, and a very steep learning curve. As of writing, PvP is present but very buggy, so if you like that you might have to wait a while before it actually works.
Other than that, a solid choice, especially if you'd prefer the darker, post-apocalyptic tone over the cutesy anime games. (Like me! ^.^ ) It was very successful in Japan, from what I've been told.
There were some translation issues, but were mostly cleaned up after the closed beta. (I remember one cutscene was still written in kana for the US release.)

Ether Saga-
I will be honest with you. I didn't play this game for more than 2 hours.
It's the most damn adorable MMO I've ever seen. To the point that it is painful. The cuteness burns. It's physically painful.
If you don't feel like grinding, though, this is the MMO for you. It has the quest pointer feature from Perfect World I described above, with an added bonus: It will freaking walk you to your objective if you don't feel like it. Let's say Quest Giver A wants you to fetch him 5 evil mushrooms of dysentery from the forest humpixy. Click a button and your character will start running to the zone with forest humpixies. Kill a few, click another button and your character will run back to Quest Giver A. Rinse and repeat.
Did I mention it was cute?

Runescape-
No. Just no.
It's dead. It's been dead for years. Let it go.

Grand Chase-
An odd mix of Maple Story and Super Smash Brothers.
It isn't as fun as you'd think. Stuff is expensive, character creation is as cut-and-dry as it gets, and the game revolves around you getting a stupid quest, finding a room full of whiny 12 year olds doing the same quest, and running through the level mashing the same keys over and over until you get what you want, all while the whiny 12 year olds continue to whine. It's an action RPG, which is great, but more of a button masher than one that requires real skill. It's fun for a few hours, then gets boring.
Also, it's being run by NTreev. Go figure.

Maple Story-
I'm glad I never really got into this one.
It's as aged as Runescape. I don't even know if it's there anymore. Who cares? Let this one die too. Keep your fond memories of this classic, don't kill it faster by trying to relive them.

S4 League-
I actually really, really like this game, though I'm confused why you guys consider it an MMORPG. Sure, you gain levels, but for the sake of balance it does nothing except restrict you from lower level rooms. For pretty much everything else it is purely third-person shooter action. Skill based, reliant on aim and not numbers.
That being said, I love the art style and gameplay direction. Sadly, the missions are broken, at best. It's a pain trying to farm money to buy weapons that don't suck, and they like to release weapons that are extremely overpowered (read: the handgun), let people whine about it for a few months, then when the whining reaches a fever pitch nerf it down to being completely useless. Then call it balanced.
So yeah. Balance issues and broken quests are what bring the game down. If you can look past these admittedly minor issues you- OH AND THE LAG IS GOD AWFUL! If someone has over 100 ping, they become immortal and can kill you without dying. It's possible to increase your ping just by running a lot of internet-intensive programs like instant messenger, or having dial-up.
Fortunately the North American servers are opening soon. As in, any day now, sometime this summer. Lower ping for me at least. ^.^
Whether you guys play this or not, I probably will. I like feeling awesome.

Lunia-
I think I've given myself selective amnesia to block the memories of this horrible event from my mind. Actually, I just looked this up on Youtube and it looks like an entirely different game than I remember, so apparently the developers of this game agreed with me and gave it a massive overhaul. Either than or I got it mixed up with another equally terrible MMO.
Bad translation, ugly graphics, and it's most 'redeeming' quality was terrible, repetitive combat sequences.
Kill it with fire.

Shaiya-
I played this one for a little while. It's solid. Graphics are decent, gameplay is decent, translation is decent, PvP is decent.
Doesn't do anything spectacularly, but doesn't epically fail. I'd still choose Perfect World over it since they're in the same vein.

Twelve Sky-
Actually kind of archaic now, but much like Shaiya is average in every respect. I don't really remember much about it, which can only mean it was unspectacular.
On the bright side, they're apparently giving this game a massive overhaul as well, because Twelve Sky 2 has also debuted.
Does anyone else think Twelve Sky 2 has too many numbers in it?

Last Chaos-
See Shaiya. Didn't impress me, there's better available. Not a terrible choice, but unless you hate yourself, just go with the obviously better options. If you do hate yourself, you probably deserve it and I think I'll hate you too, just to be safe. Go play Maple Story.

Tibia-
I think this one was a british MMO. I don't think it even exists anymore. I just added it for a laugh.
It's probably the single most dated MMO I've ever played... everything is kind of clunky, but in that charming, old school kind of way. Did I mention it was ugly?
I played it when it was considered fancy though, and am really just adding it in here to say I've experienced it and that it really isn't a valid option anymore.
*moments later*
I just checked. o.0; It still exists.
Whatever, still isn't a valid option. I remember it fondly but just trust me. Archaic doesn't even begin to describe it.

Final Fantasy XI-
I personally didn't play this one, which is surprising considering it's IP.
From what I can tell though, it's community is unimpressively small and impotent, like Fa-...nevermind, I won't make that joke. <3
I doubt anyone wanted to move ToA to this anyway, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
I had a good friend that played the hell out of it, which is why I know as much about it as I do. This game had de-leveling when you die. You'd loose a certain amount of EXP on death and could possibly loose entire levels from it.
Other than that, a very solid game, and I believe it was released with the same community in Japan and America, though I could be wrong and maybe they just added the translator for the hell of it.

Okay, that's all I can think of for the moment. I probably have some experience with some other ones but I don't remember. I'll add something if I think of it.

Shin.de
view post Posted on 15/6/2009, 14:26

Let me just say, Val is the new guild hero ( I'm sorry to demote you J) w

Let me just add that:

Ether Saga outside of being Cute. Did we mention cute? Is extremly complex in terms of skills, what you can do with them, pet system, and a quite original transformation system where you can transform in any monster you find in game provided you can get its card. I am really tempted to give the game a chance.

It also has a dungeon system which means more fun for the entier guild, the cash shop is there mostly for fashion and cash shop items can be resold, so provided you're patient enough you can get pretty much everything. There's also a bounty like quest system, and various crafting skills.

Perfect World- I presume it changed a lot from the time Val played it, only thing you do with money is buy fashion and other items that help you level, but to balance that, you can actually sell/trade etc all the cash shop items, so you can pretty much get anything available in game, if you have the patience to gather money.

The skills are not all that diverse but now they added a fairy system, which is basically pet for every class, adding more skills to your skill tree. The down side is that you have to feed the fairy with your own exp and or spirit.

The dungeon system in Perfect World is damn exciting, but it's practically impossible to do anything without the help of higher levels. A lot of help is available though, seeing as the ones that help with the instances get your experience too. Fair game for both parties.

Let me just say though, quests are pretty complex and difficult in this game, which is a plus. The grinding starts around lvl 35 and it's pretty slow, but I really can't complain about anything in PW the only reason I stopped playing is that it missed 1 important element: other ToA members.

All things said, the game is pretty difficult though, so I don't know how much everyone would enjoy it. I personally give it a 9/10 for pure awe inspiring team work and crazy boss battles.

( oh and, Val probably played in a PVP server, the one I play is safe unless you're in PK mode, which, by the way unless you're crazy highlvl with awesome shiney equips...don't be. w)

Edited by Shin.de - 17/6/2009, 15:00

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 15/6/2009, 19:13

Whats that!? val the new hero!? But but ! what about me!?
Fine fine...
Hmm come to think of it i played most of those games that val mentioned...hmm..I really like Shin megami tensei: Imagine never really played the other Shin megami tensei games, but heard they were good...Hmm I was also trying Monato esprit..but there aren't many classes and its too cute too...
OH! What about atlantica? Its good, it has turn based system, even so it gets kinda annoying after awhile...hmm there is also S4 league..(but we can't really apply my amazing idea to S4 league..) but everyone already plays S4 league~
OH! there is also Archlord. It was actually good...very good, from my point of view at least. I really liked to summon my lil creatures~Besides there was that dragon..hmm..i will have to take revenge someday. Even tho...when you die you lose a bit of your exp..at some points you can die so many times you might even cry..It made me suffer quite a bit, oh! and there were also these guys called "archlords" they were like the strongest player of each race , they would get to manipulate even the weather! Hmm..Wish i was one~

Edited by EvilFlan - 15/6/2009, 20:57

JSong
view post Posted on 16/6/2009, 01:36

New guild hero?! Nuuuuu!!! ><; but then again....I loved the part where he said "small and impotent like Fa-..." hahaha. Anywho, I've been putting this off for too long, so I shall finally write my preferences and such ^^

1.F2P or P2P?
Free 2 Play for me. I needs to save up money for guitar stuff @.@;

I prefer Action or shooting games in general...like games that actually use skill and dont cause you to spam 1 skill over and over and over until you're lvl50 >.<;; It's going to be hard for me to play another MMORPG I think ><;; But...if everyone plays I guess I'll join anyways.

I prefer cute/cartoony/anime style graphics. Always been a lover of SNES, so dont mind those kinda graphics at all. I've actually never really been into the realistic graphics cuz usually they lag my computer ><;

Um, doesnt matter, as long as the other races can communicate with one another, unlike RF.

I always play as either a warrior (tank) or support (healer).

I proudly skip all dialogue and then ask ppl how to do everything :D Beware :O

um, I believe if you're higher lvled, your armor and weapons should reflect it...so as long as the higher you go, the fancier the weapons look, its all good with me.

Average->Good...maybe not like...Maple Story graphics ><;

As long as the gameplay and chat system is good, I dont care too much.

S4 League :D But besides that...haven't found any other game that is as good. GhostX was decent, but you need a lot of friends to play with to make it good I think.

Longest game I've ever played was Trickster, but favorite is S4 League

Beige, black, blue, pink, white, and starting to like red.

MiisT
view post Posted on 17/6/2009, 00:35

1.F2P or P2P?
F2P - i usually only play when i feel like it so p2p would be pointless for me..
I prefer a more action-based game
Doesnt matter as long as it's fun to play
I dont really care, i alway choose human race anyway :/

hmmmm...
Bleh- :/
... I can pwn U with a single FIST!
"GooD" or atleast to an extend of ghostx
3D..
S4 League - I rarely play it now, but i still find it's fun when i do play it
I ve been playing domo the longest, tho like J, I 'd prefer S4
RED, BLOOD RED!!!! .. and something as dark and evil as my soul MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

boomsticky
view post Posted on 17/6/2009, 07:13

1.F2P or P2P?

F2P mostly. B2P/F2P if it's a good game (after testing/reviews).

Any suits fine with me. Depends on the game itself and whether it interest me.

Realist/Anime I'm fine with it. Cute graphics, well, depending how cute it is (no Hello Kitty Online plox)

I have no bias

Usually a warrior/tank type class. Second would be a healer type or long range type.

Generally ignore it. But I still like a game that does have a story behind it, so that way it wouldn't feel like I'm playing for no reason.

Doesn't matter

Good/average graphics. As long it's bearable to my taste

What's a scrolling game >_<. I enjoy 2D or a well designed 3D game.

I suppose for MMOs, Atlantica Online, Aion, and Dragonica Online. For FPS games, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead :D.

"For longer?" I've played Guild Wars the longest. I'll probably play Atlantica Online for a while. I don't have a favorite cause I keep changing MMOs D:. But, I cherish the memories :P.

Blue, Green, Black, Red

9 replies since 13/6/2009, 19:58   173 views