ToA Forums

Games for summer!

« Older   Newer »
EvilFlan
view post Posted on 5/6/2010, 22:10

So then, I did a lil review of my own. Tho it's not very complete yet I'll complete it once I get more playing experiment.

Resumed:

-Characters-
the character customization is pretty nice ~ it may not be as complex as perfect world, but
there's lots of faces and hairs you can pick, then there's colors, body proportions, you can make a pretty-ass character, Or a
Manly GAR! character! exploding with manliness! and sweating manliness! oh and you can also make a female character...
There are Elves and Humans...tho i wonder if Elves are any diferent from humans...well so far i saw none, so i guess they go somewhere else
oh and since we're on characters, careful with the two legged dog, it scares you right outta your soul. Oh and the monsters look
nice too, not too dumb , but nothing amazingly special, oh speaking of wich, there seems to exist a monster encyclopedium in the game
nice eh~? and oh! There seems to exist Elite monsters here too!! so maybe we could give the Bounty hunting another chance? Maybe we more members and all!

Oh! i think this is also the section where i shoulda talk about classes. There are 6 classes, Scout, rougue, warrior, knight, mage, healer, once you reach level
10 or so, you get two pick a suporting class, that is you have your main class, and another class, wich (i think) you can switch whenever you want. I'm going for
knight and healer, does that makes me some sort of Paladin?

-Gameplay-
Dull =3= ~Sorry~ But nothing is that perfect~ and the gameplay of this game is pretty much like any other average mmo...
Even so the dual class featura adds some new spin to it.
Oh also, You get to make your own house~Cool eh? We could call it "ToA castle"!!
Oh theres also a bit of a downside to this game...Even tho it's free, there's alot of stuff going on around 'bout the special shop, y'know?
Seems like the game bases itself a bit on the real-money shop...Hope i'm wrong tho..(I haven't checked the shop myself, so i can't guarantee they sell
weaponry , acc, armors, etc..)

-Skills-
Hmm i think the skills work by level...like you level , you get lotsa points, you put them whereve you want, and like this you go
getting your skills...or at least i think so...I wonder how it works when you get the second job?

-Others-
The graphics are pretty nice~Even tho i'm playing them on the lowest setting for now... the music is not half-bad either.

So here are the bad aspects of the game
- dull gameplay (when will we get MMO with gameplay similiar to FFXII i wonder~?)
- Long download/install
- (possible) emphasis on real-money-shop

and here are the good aspects of it:
-Nice graphics/music
-Dual class (wich makes something like 20+ possible class combinations)
-House (even tho it seems like it's nothing much, you are (or will) be able to construct real castles!! Yeah! a bit like sims!!)
(hmm..i could swear there were more..)

Anyway, the game really seems good, If you have a chance, please try it~!

My adventure on shroom land:

SPOILER (click to view)
she was just a giant from a tutorial level..But it shot fire! That's right an arachnedea shot fire at me! Cool eh?
So i went back , apparently the lady owns the three wolves too, 'cause y'know, it's perfectly normal..you live alone, in a
forest filled with shrooms, with a talking dog and three wolves.*Coughcough* crazydoglady*cough cough*
Oh well...so i came outta that dreadful pit into a more, mmorpg-like place, a little village with villager, oh boy! quests!
oh, you also get a horse from the crazy dog lady...yeah she had a horse and she gave it to you, for killing a few spiders her dogs could easily kill.
So I'm soon sent to kill a few other monsters on the new village, giant shrooms that peacefully walk around with a carrot like umbrella, young wolves...
Ya'know mindless carnage.
And this was around the time i stop, 'cause there was too much lag for me to continue playing without take some measures...

Continued playing today, even tho there was some it was like half of the lag i get yesterday, even so, i better get some more RAM soon.
Well i kept on doing those kiddish quests , talking to NPCs, learning the basics, etc.
So i did, i learned the basis, I learned bout the crafting system, it's fairly simple and amusing, I fought more baby monsters with my
GAR!! character, i caught mother shrooms, that were just happily jumping in their shroom lands with their little sons, you know
the usual.
Anyway, this game seems fairly solid if you ask me, I'll keep on playing it, if you guys want to play it too, please do so!!
however have this in mind: you just might need to update a lil your computer (then again, maybe its only mine...), newest drivers, etc...
and the download takes some time...and so does the installation..(then again, it might have just been my computer?)
Other than that,oh, and of course the gameplay, that is a bit dull..(Like pretty much every mmo you get now-a-days) i really don't
think i can criticize the game all that much.

This game also has a very complete wiki , check it out if you want ~ www.theromwiki.com/Main_Page

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 14/6/2010, 13:18

Hello everyone~! sorry to bother you all again (i actually feel like this thread has become like a diary of mine or something), anyway, I'm here to bring news on mmo games.
Anyway here are some of the most exciting news i've heard around.
SPOILER (click to view)
- Lord of the Rings online is going free to play: Yes, you read it right, LotRO is going free, Who doesn't know lord of the rings? LotR basicly defines Fantasy, tons of monsters , a fantasy land, some conflict, lust power yadda yadda, of course it had to turn into a MMORPG , and of course it wouldn't be free...for awhile. Turns out , after enjoying an enormous success via free Dungeons & Dragons Online (Game that i haven't played yet...I think they block my IP) , Turbine converted LotRO into a free game, how awesome is that? However players can still pay a fee, if they so do wish, this will do to access particular VIP privileges...Whatever they are i have no idea (My hint: special quests and/or areas) . http://feature.mmosite.com/lotr/
-Kingdom Heroes Official Release: I'm not sure how this game works, but apparently, you have to get points , respect and etc. so you can create a whole army, in terms of aspect it's kinda like PW, lots of asian. Also, there are viking ships! Altough it's not the type of game i'm usually attracted to, this one looks rather promising! http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-03-04...a_sign_up.shtml
-Soul Master Online: Tough the game may have been released some time ago, only now it got a european server, well i only considered the game now anyway... Anyway the game is a MMORTS, i usually don't like these..but this one caught my attention. The battles are much more diferent than other mmorpgs...I'd explain it...but the thread would be too long, so check it out yourself: http://feature.mmosite.com/soulmaster/
Anyway..i think this is one of those games that will just get boring as times passes..and in a few months we won't hear from it again...or maybe I'm wrong?
-Loco open beta is coming! : Misty really seemed to like to try this game, well good news misty! the game is about to go OB, not sure when, but it won't last long! This game seems to be filled with amazing action , nice graphics , and gameplay, albeit it still bothers me to have to pick one of their characters rather than creating my own and pick a job for them..
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-06-12...ne_2010,8.shtml
-XAOC was officially announced: Apparently this is the new generation of mmorpg gaming. http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-06-08...nounced,1.shtml
-Megaman/Rockman goes online: No matter how many time , no matter how many times , I can't defeat airman la~laalalalalala ~ Ah boy~ The classics are still the best. http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-06-03...ts_leaked.shtml ah! Zero's wearing diapers! take that from your memory now!

And some of the not-so-enthusiastic mews:
SPOILER (click to view)
-Sponge bob squarepants online: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yeah, I'm not kidding! http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-06-11...nounced,1.shtml
TREMBLE IN FEAR MORTALS , FOR I, THE LORD OF ALL EVIL , SPONGE BOB SQUAREPANTS, WILL DO EVIL THINGS~!
Hmm...yeah no.
-Dawntide online: Awesome game with awesome things! Including creating a whole reign with your guild, why is this on bad news you ask?! Cause it ain't free! and no one told me that until it was too late!! GAAEWSALdksal ... well i guess it went down with the tide..HAHAHAHA BOOM BOOM.

[Edited]
ah, sorry you guys i just wanted to add that i had an idea on Guild management for the next game, just for organization ~ Also i'm thinking about giving another shot at allods again..Lots of people say its better than runes of magic..So i should play it a lil longer.
[Edit] Actually i just saw this article about Allods, It seems a bit better than runes of magic, Actually, you get to pilot an airship!! We could have an airship!! you know? Like in Estar! I 'm giving it a shot again, I'll let you guys know what i think later.
Check the wiki out if you want, http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Astral_Ships pages like this are specially entretaining~
[New edit!]
Anyway it seems that both DDO and LotRO aren't that much free~ Yeah~It's more like, it's free till here...Nw if you want to play a good game, you gotta pay..otherwise you can just go back to private servers. No seriously, it's kinda sad , I was all happy about this.
Can't wait to upgrade my computer...
Oh! But Guild wars seems like a good game too!! Maybe i should try it too?

Edited by EvilFlan - 17/6/2010, 13:03

EvilFlan
view post Posted on 23/6/2010, 12:55

Oh good news everyone!! Apparently Runes of magic cash shop is not plagued with equipments and stuff. "
As a free MMO they need to make money somehow, as with most Free MMO's Rune of Magic uses a Real Money Transaction (RMT) system. This allows you to purchase, with real life cash, items to enhance your characters, as well as mounts and pets for vanity purposes. Thankfully these items are mostly for player convenience not player power. This means they offer items like luck potions which increase the chance of better drops, or items which reduce or negate the experience penalty from dying. There are a few player power items in jewels which increase the power of an existing item, but it seems like you can get these outside the store albeit they are less reliable."

I vote for Runes of magic or Allods for our game this Year...I doubt any of you had any chance to try games yet...since you're all working, But when you do~ post it here!
also, in case you're all wondering why i'm so exicted about allods , here take a look at this review, it might make you a little exicted too : http://www.massively.com/2010/01/15/exclus...d-the-end-game/

Edited by EvilFlan - 23/6/2010, 14:16

17 replies since 14/4/2010, 21:41   233 views